Cadillac Owners Forum banner

i think i need a headlight

861 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ludacrisvp 
#1 ·
the passenger side headlight of my 2008 STS constantly gets condensation on the inside. I think I need a new one but am confused by what to order. I need an HID headlight, but I don't need the bulbs. What exactly do I order? Is eBay the best place? Do I search by serial number? What is the serial number. I tried searching this forum, but I can't find an answer. Can someone tell me exactly what to order? Thanks..

I also have a bad passenger side Bose door speaker. Lots of grumbling during base songs, and even when just starting the car and the stereo starts sometimes. Are these hard to find? What do I look for?

I guess I have a shopping list .

I have the original nav disc. How do I get the most current disk and what do I look for?

thanks...2008 STS AWD..

#2 ·
Condensation in the headlamps is not entirely uncommon. You should be able to search the forum (not sure if it's in the sticky at the top or not) about a possible solution. This just depends on how far you want to get into doing your own repairs.

If you purchase a headlamp from the dealership, they will search by your VIN. An 'assembly' includes everything. This is also typically the case with anything you purchase from eBay. Most sellers include all the bulbs, ballast, etc. with the item. I think you are safe using any HID assembly from 2005-11. The style of ballast changed, but this won't matter since the connector to attach it to the car is unchanged. I'd still try and stick to something within a year or two of yours.

As for the navigation disc, go to www.gmnavdisc.com and place your order there. You may find something on eBay as well, but if you want the newest disc, this is your best bet.

Speaker rattles can, in some cases, be difficult to track down. I would suggest taking the door panel off and having a look around to ensure everything is tight and routed correctly. For front doors, speakers are mounted to the door and not the door panel.

#3 ·
The driver side headlight gets a little condensation around the edges of the inside of the headlight when I am washing it. I know the reason for mine is that the black rubber ring around the headlight is broken you way want to check to see if that is your problem.

#5 ·
Could break the seal and paint the chrome housing insides black or maybe body color (depending on car) and reseal with rubber butyl glue and toss in a medium to large desiccant packet and make sure the foam seals around the two access doors are properly seated and you're good.
The black rubber ring around the headlight isn't there to seal the headlight it's there to fill the body panel gap to redirect air / water around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.