V Cluster in a Non V Car...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1BadCadSTS
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, V Cluster in a Non V Car... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.ebay.com/itm/281305381687...84.m1439.l2649 Price was too good to pass up. I should also note based on the speedo read out this has ...
    1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281305381687...84.m1439.l2649

Price was too good to pass up. I should also note based on the speedo read out this has to be a Canadian cluster (super cool to see 260 as the read out on the speedo, clearly I can toggle between Standard and Metric so I don't foresee it being an issue. Guess we will finally be able to find out if a non V cluster with its additional information such as Oil Pressure and Trans Temp will work on a Non V Car.

I already can confirm that a 5 speed cluster WILL create an issue on a 6 speed cluster car. When putting it in manual mode it simply displays M5 all the time. It still shifts normally however it will not display the correct gear (tested this on fathers 07 installing my 05 cluster to see if the MPH digital read out would go away since he has HUD, for the record it did not and DID display MPH on all the HUD, Analog and Digital read outs.).

I would PRESUME since this is for a 6 speed car (all Vs were 6 speed) that the car will have some issue with manual mode for the 05-06 crowd with the 5 speed trans. I also have NO idea what its going to do under the digital boost read out on the DIC (I would think it will just stay dead at zero).

Feedback to follow... one of these days Ill stop buying more projects until I finish previous ones... Still hoping to get the HUD installed in the next few weeks.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Re: V Cluster in a Non V Car...

Dang that was cheap. Keep us posted on how it works.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Any idea how many miles / km on that one? Curious when that V lost it's life. Assuming this works will you use the 260 kph speedo in mph mode (making it a 260mph speedo) or will you find a proper USA speedo from a v instead.

If the sensors are there in a non v hopefully the cluster can pull the info.

What year did the cluster change appearance was it 08?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    Any idea how many miles / km on that one? Curious when that V lost it's life. Assuming this works will you use the 260 kph speedo in mph mode (making it a 260mph speedo) or will you find a proper USA speedo from a v instead.

If the sensors are there in a non v hopefully the cluster can pull the info.

What year did the cluster change appearance was it 08?
    08 cluster got a facelift that's it really plus the ability for other options. 05-07 are the same but 07 v8 only are programmed for the 6 speed.

Well hopefully it works.
    I'd rock a v cluster just to get the couple extras for stats and deal with a 0 boost gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    Well hopefully it works.
    I'd rock a v cluster just to get the couple extras for stats and deal with a 0 boost gauge.
    Exactly. I won't like the auto stick display not working though.

Also I forgot to answer I have no idea of mileage per listing its unknown. The more I look at it it looks like its missing the plastic widow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Exactly. I won't like the auto stick display not working though.

Also I forgot to answer I have no idea of mileage per listing its unknown. The more I look at it it looks like its missing the plastic widow as well.
    So get a 6spd...

It does indeed appear to be missing that cover. Oh well. Now you should convert this to using the white / blue LEDs instead of the orange ones in the DIC to match your HVAC controls.

B1n2fra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 1SG Cadillac sts v8 awd
    I thought about using an srx cluster because it has the blue leds in the dic display. It looks exactly like the sts cluster.

----------

[QUOTE="1BadCadSTS;12296921"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/281305381687...84.m1439.l2649

Price was too good to pass up. I should also note based on the speedo read out .

For that price I would of took a shot at it too.

Quote Originally Posted by B1n2fra
    I thought about using an srx cluster because it has the blue leds in the dic display. It looks exactly like the sts cluster.

----------
    Same. I believe the wiring was slightly different which is why I opted against it. I converted my hvac to blue by swapping the smleds.

JJJake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V8

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281305381687...84.m1439.l2649

I also have NO idea what its going to do under the digital boost read out on the DIC (I would think it will just stay dead at zero).
    If anything it would show a negative number due to vacuum. I doubt there is a sensor in place to even get that number generated though.

Doesnt read negative, its a digital read out from 0-16?

I am sure it will be just a dead gauge always out at zero.

It a bust.

Cluster arrived. They shipped it in an unpadded envelope. Both side mounts were busted and it was missing the front plastic lens. All gauges are dead. Speedo tach temp fuel everything. I filed for a refund based on damages.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.