Buying aftermarket wheels.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Buying aftermarket wheels. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, I am in the market to buy some aftermarket wheels and would like some advice. I have an 07 ...
    Chinny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS4 3.6

Cool Buying aftermarket wheels.

Hi, I am in the market to buy some aftermarket wheels and would like some advice. I have an 07 sts V6 awd. OEM are 17" but I am thinking of sizing up to 19" or probably 20".
    I am buying online since there are no stores nearby, at least not with a decent selection. I searched tirerack.com and a few other sites, and am not sure what I want. Any other good sites to use? What kind of offset could I run without the wheels sticking out too far? I want to get a wheel with a decent sized lip on it as well.

And which brands would you recommend? I see a lot of wheels made in China, which I want to avoid. One company that stood out is TSW, any thought about them? I cant find many reviews. If you have any aftermarket wheels can you please give me any input/general advice/what to avoid? Pics would be nice too; I've looked through the sticky with all the STS pics, and I know some members have some nice aftermarket wheels.

Thanks for any help. And I know some people are very against aftermarket and sizing up. Well, I just put a set of winter tires on my original wheels this past winter (my all seasons were almost slicks they were so worn out). The original wheels are pretty beat up. So instead of changing rubber every season and looking at my beatup wheels every time I see my car Ill get another set of wheels with all seasons and run them 8/12mnths of the year. And i like the look of the larger wheels

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

STS4BigDaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 STS4

Re: Buying aftermarket wheels.

Check out carid.com There are many options there.

Nate540 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS

I put 19" Avant Garde M310s on mine and love them I had mine special ordered from a local place though. They don't normally carry them but I ask and they were able to get them. I love the 19" size they look great without sacrificing ride. Here is a picture of them.

STS 2.jpg
    Gomaz, scott9001, ETC92Guy and 2 others like this.

dannyquest is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 95,000 miles

Nate540, Most after market rims look like crap. These look good. I like the mat finish. Danny
    Nate540 likes this.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by dannyquest View Post
    Nate540, Most after market rims look like crap. These look good. I like the mat finish. Danny
    Ditto. Not that I think GM had much in the way of good looking rims for 2005+ (base model)... because they don't. I generally find aftermarket rims quite distasteful but I do like these ones. Very nice
    Nate540 likes this.

Those are some real nice wheels Nate! How much about did they coat ya? I dont like the stock GM on the non-V STSs, they're too plain I think.
    Nate540 likes this.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinny
    Those are some real nice wheels Nate! How much about did they coat ya? I dont like the stock GM on the non-V STSs, they're too plain I think.
    05-06 N87 18" rivet wheels are far from plain.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post

05-06 N87 18" rivet wheels are far from plain.
    I have the 17"s, idk they're just ok to me. I don't need 24" chrome spinners or anything but something a little more standout-ish.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

OEM is beautiful

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    The 17" ones are boring from GM.

Nate540 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
    I paid about 2400 for them mounted with new pressure sensors wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sports. So you have to figure at least half of that is in the tires and sensors.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

The 18" Factory wheels are good looking, both the Summer tire pkg and the all season tire pkg ones. Problem is they are quite expensive unless you find a dealer that had a set from a take-off or something like that.

Finally got the wheels I wanted. 20"x8.5" all around Ace Alloy Executive Alloy with machined lip. What do you guys think? I think they are similar in style to oem but 3 more spokes and and 3" larger. I think they give the car a way nicer, sport-luxury look.
    PhotoGrid_1397428255840.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1397428162538.jpg

funk_drum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS4

I like the OEM too. I wish they were chrome to match the rest of the bling on the car and not just polished.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Chinny I think those aftermarket rims you have on there are nice. Better than stock. Stick with it. They're nice without being overly excessive in any way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.