Looking at a 2006 STS purchase
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Looking at a 2006 STS purchase in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have an opportunity to purchase a 2006 STS from its' original owner for $10,000 - It has an 32K ...
    caddad08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 DI Hot Lava Edition PDZ AWD FE2

Smile Looking at a 2006 STS purchase

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2006 STS from its' original owner for $10,000 - It has an 32K actual miles and is a base V6 with the 1SB Luxury package, express open/close sunroof and universal home remote.

Sandstorm exterior with Cashmere interior.

Super clean with only a small scrape, (less than 1" x1"), on the passenger side lower front bumper. No accidents, battery replaced 1 year ago.

It did have the hood repainted by Cadillac due to paint bubbling occurring in 2008.

Seems like a great deal but I thought I would get opinions from the board members as I have found lots of info here on my 2008 CTS which I have had for the past 3 years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Re: Looking at a 2006 STS purchase

Eight year old car with old school V6 engine and no NAV. Too pricy, even for that low mileage IMHO. I would offer him $8 K and settle for $8.5.

It is my neighbor and the Lincoln dealer is offering him $9800 in trade - yes i know they can over-appraise trade-in and not reduce MSRP but in his mind he will get $9800 so $10,000 is his price. It is pretty much a take or leave it number.

Seeing other similar cars in this area being offered for $15K + I thought the $10K might be pretty reasonable as I am fairly certain no dealer would drop $5K off their asking price.

I appreciate your opinion!

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 95,000 miles

I will say its a good deal. For $10k you won't find any thing on the car lot that worth taking home. Most with a boat load of miles. Danny

daddy_o is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 STS, AWD,3.6 auto, Black cherry.

If the dealer is offering $9800, the retail is probably north of $13-$14, they have to protect themselves on the re-sale warranty.
    Your friend is offering you a good deal, your not stealing it.
    A 1SB with a sun-roof is rare, may mean there are other up-grade features included.
    If everything works, and it has one owner, it all comes down to how much do you want it.

It's a terrible illness wanting another Cadillac, no known cure.

fester46581 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Sounds like a very fair deal. I have a 2005 1SB w/o the sunroof and bought it a year with 51,000 miles for $12,500. I also have the tan interior. Very sharp, except it shows dirt easily. The V6 provides plenty of power. It is not a N*, but it is smooth and peppy.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Quote Originally Posted by daddy_o View Post
    A 1SB with a sun-roof is rare, may mean there are other up-grade features included.
    really? And you know this how?

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Do it.

CadiTamer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 RWD

I'd see if he'd let you take the intake duct off and look for oil. If you see an unusual amount of oil in there, i'd go the other direction. No oil, then the PCV system probably isn't drinking oil, which means the car should be perfectly fine.

I got my 2006 STS with all the features except the ACC package for $10,000, but it also had 126K on it (with no transmission fluid change, either). If there's nothing wrong with that car, i'd go ahead and take it. $10K is a great deal for such low mileage, though the no nav kinda sucks...

Thanks for the input and opinions. I'll take a look at the intake duct for excessive oil residue.

I have NAV on my fully loaded 08 CTS and IMHO a garmin or smartphone both beat out the dealer NAV - it looks cool but personally is not an item high on my option want list.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by caddad08
    Thanks for the input and opinions. I'll take a look at the intake duct for excessive oil residue.

I have NAV on my fully loaded 08 CTS and IMHO a garmin or smartphone both beat out the dealer NAV - it looks cool but personally is not an item high on my option want list.
    The nav is just a far easier to use interface than the standard Bose 6 disc. It's not the nav but te additional features including a better sound system that makes it a nice touch.

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

I'd agree, getting the 15 speaker sound system and having a touch screen interface to configure car settings and the BT phone keypad are things that make the stock Nav worth it. And if you have HUD as well you can get directions in the HUD too.

John Wicz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS AWD, 3.6L

Did something change between 06' and 09'? I have an 09' 1SB w/ Luxury Package and have Nav, Sunroof, AWD and Bose?

Quote Originally Posted by daddy_o View Post
    If the dealer is offering $9800, the retail is probably north of $13-$14, they have to protect themselves on the re-sale warranty.
    Your friend is offering you a good deal, your not stealing it.
    If everything works, and it has one owner, it all comes down to how much do you want it.

It's a terrible illness wanting another Cadillac, no known cure.

In this case the sunroof and universal home remote were added as standalone options to the 1SB Luxury package

The 1SC Luxury performance package included many more options including the sunroof, universal remote, and more but was $5,600 more than the 1SB luxury package

In 2009 I believe it is the 1SG package and is much more inclusive

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    I'd agree, getting the 15 speaker sound system and having a touch screen interface to configure car settings and the BT phone keypad are things that make the stock Nav worth it. And if you have HUD as well you can get directions in the HUD too.
    How does one do that???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.