Looking at a 2006 STS purchase - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Looking at a 2006 STS purchase in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; See post 66. Basically I was trying to figure out why mine didn't do it. Turns out there's a tsb ...
    Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Re: Looking at a 2006 STS purchase

See post 66.

Basically I was trying to figure out why mine didn't do it. Turns out there's a tsb out and Chris over at rippy pulled it. This is after 2 different dealers tell me I need a new nav.

2009 Sts with HUD came from the factory without the nav directions showing up on the HUD. All I can think of is that 2009 had some changes to the nav, namely the HUD Speed advisor, and somehow there was a glitch where the feature was lost. Here's the next problem. If your dealer doesn't have the disc that the tsb calls for, they won't be able to get it. It's no longer available. Fortunately, if you talk to Chris he may be able to help you. As a matter of fact, the second 2009 Sts-v I recently bought has this same defect and I have an appointment at rippy Cadillac this Friday to have the tsb performed.

----------

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...nav-hud-5.html

Forgot the link. Post 66.

Just got back home from rippy Cadillac. It was good to see Chris again. I had them perform the tsb and now the nav directions show in the HUD as they should.

I also asked for a tcm update and they ended up checking tcm, PCM and bcm and all were up to date.

By the way, I'm again absolutely pleased with the level of courtesy of rippy service. Very nice facility as well.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Wow that's well over 100 miles away. Shurely there is s closer dealer?

There are many closer incompetent dealers that told me I needed a new $2900 nav system. At least I know rippy has the disc since I had it done there before. Yeah it's a drive but I enjoy a nice long drive.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

You coulda had a V8!
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    You coulda had a V8!
    Even though that very v8 is responsible for depleting a full tank of gas for the round trip.. totally worth it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.