Fob isnt working to open doors or trunk
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Fob isnt working to open doors or trunk in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 06 sts v8 AWD. It started with the passenger door not opening from the outside of the ...
    dmunger23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 awd

Unhappy Fob isnt working to open doors or trunk

I have a 06 sts v8 AWD. It started with the passenger door not opening from the outside of the car. Then recently, it moved to the driver door. I have to use the key to open the door. I thought it may be the fob so I replaced the battery and even got a brand new one. Nothing changed, so I came here and saw people having tho liar issues but the difference is that they would notice the electronics working such as the light on the door flashing or the steering wheel moving to position. Min doesn't do any of that. I checked the fuses under the rear seats(driver and passenger) and the under good fuse. I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes as well. No difference. Also, the automatic window up/down stop working sometimes. It's becoming very annoying and I really hope someone can help me before I have to take it to the dealer. I feel like it can be something very simple. Or hope. I've had electrical issues with a previous car and it became a nightmare. Please help!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Covered many times. You need new handles or micro switches.

Your automatic windows need reset everytime you disconnect the battery.

Re: Fob isnt working to open doors or trunk

Also. Before it stopped working for good. Sometimes after I get in the car and close the door. It would beep(not the horn) and the driver door would pop open. Could this be an antenna issue? Does anyone have an idea of how pricey this could be to repair?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Covered many times. You need new handles or micro switches.

Your automatic windows need reset everytime you disconnect the battery.
    Do they just need time to reset themselves? Or do u have to do something to reset them? I've read a few of the posts that I saw related to the same problem but the reason I posted was because I wasn't having the same symptoms. Like the door magically popping open once I'm in the car. Or that it doesn't recognize even the trunk.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dmunger23
    Also. Before it stopped working for good. Sometimes after I get in the car and close the door. It would beep(not the horn) and the driver door would pop open. Could this be an antenna issue? Does anyone have an idea of how pricey this could be to repair?

----------

Do they just need time to reset themselves? Or do u have to do something to reset them? I've read a few of the posts that I saw related to the same problem but the reason I posted was because I wasn't having the same symptoms. Like the door magically popping open once I'm in the car. Or that it doesn't recognize even the trunk.
    You replace them. They are good failing (intermittent) or bad. They don't heal.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Have the car battery load tested. A dying battery causes a lot of odd behavior in the STS.

the battery was replaced about two months ago.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by dmunger23 View Post
    I have a 06 sts v8 AWD. It started with the passenger door not opening from the outside of the car. Then recently, it moved to the driver door. I have to use the key to open the door. I thought it may be the fob so I replaced the battery and even got a brand new one. Nothing changed, so I came here and saw people having tho liar issues but the difference is that they would notice the electronics working such as the light on the door flashing or the steering wheel moving to position. Min doesn't do any of that. I checked the fuses under the rear seats(driver and passenger) and the under good fuse. I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes as well. No difference. Also, the automatic window up/down stop working sometimes. It's becoming very annoying and I really hope someone can help me before I have to take it to the dealer. I feel like it can be something very simple. Or hope. I've had electrical issues with a previous car and it became a nightmare. Please help!!!
    Hello dmunger23,

I see that you are getting some good feedback from the community regarding the concern you are experiencing with your STS. Have you had a chance to attempt what 1BadCadSTS stated? If you would like any assistance in setting up a dealership appointment, please feel free to private message me or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. I will be sure to be on the lookout for any of your future updates, or messages. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.