IPod Interface Cable for 2011 Cadillac STS w/ 1 SB
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, IPod Interface Cable for 2011 Cadillac STS w/ 1 SB in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi folks. I just purchased a 2011 STS with the auxillary audio (red and white) an video (yellow) input jacks ...
    gbs37415 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

IPod Interface Cable for 2011 Cadillac STS w/ 1 SB

Hi folks. I just purchased a 2011 STS with the auxillary audio (red and white) an video (yellow) input jacks in the center console. I'm looking for the right cable to use to
    connect my IPod and IPhone to play through the car's sound system. I've looked a few places and the dealer actually hasn't been very helpful at all. Thanks for all your
    suggestions.

Aggravated but still happy new STS owner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Apple composite cable. Or ipod2car for a direct interface that spiders off the XM.

gbs37415 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: IPod Interface Cable for 2011 Cadillac STS w/ 1 SB

Thank you. The IPod2car option requires installation correct - but allows control of the IPod from the stereo control screen ? I have NAV premium sound if that matters.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by gbs37415
    Thank you. The IPod2car option requires installation correct - but allows control of the IPod from the stereo control screen ? I have NAV premium sound if that matters.
    Correct.

Also just FYI there's 2 stereo options (basically speaking of course, I know there's different rpos for regions etc) but there is Bose no nav and Bose Studio with Nav. iPod2car works with either.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: IPod Interface Cable for 2011 Cadillac STS w/ 1 SB

Quote Originally Posted by gbs37415 View Post
    Hi folks. I just purchased a 2011 STS with the auxillary audio (red and white) an video (yellow) input jacks in the center console. I'm looking for the right cable to use to
    connect my IPod and IPhone to play through the car's sound system. I've looked a few places and the dealer actually hasn't been very helpful at all. Thanks for all your
    suggestions.

Aggravated but still happy new STS owner.
    Hello gbs37415,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2011 STS! I apologize for any unsatisfactory experience you've encountered while trying to connect your iPod and iPhone to play through your vehicle's sound system. I see 1BadCadSTS provided insight to your situation. Please feel free to send us a private message if you have any other questions or concerns. We are here to assist the best we can.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.