Light for DIC Control
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Light for DIC Control in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; On my DIC control panel between the vent and steering wheel, the switch on the left side controlling the DIC ...
    erichthecatt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CADILLAC STS 1SC

Light for DIC Control

On my DIC control panel between the vent and steering wheel, the switch on the left side controlling the DIC options isn't lit at night. Anyone know if there's a small bulb in there, and an easy fix? I haven't tried to pry the housing out yet. Its still under warranty, but hate to take it in for something so minor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by erichthecatt
    On my DIC control panel between the vent and steering wheel, the switch on the left side controlling the DIC options isn't lit at night. Anyone know if there's a small bulb in there, and an easy fix? I haven't tried to pry the housing out yet. Its still under warranty, but hate to take it in for something so minor.
    Take it in.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: Light for DIC Control

I would take it in as well.
    Just don't let them try and convince you that its not supposed to be lit.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Ditto. This is what warranty is for. If it isn't working as engineered, let the dealership fix it. You'll have plenty of opportunity down the road to undertake your own repairs.

----------

Out of curiosity I looked through my photos of the control. There is no external access to the backlighting. In order for this to be repaired, the control will have to be disassembled. This means that the dealership will replace the entire control since they do not disassemble this type of control to do internal repairs. I have seen controls in some vehicles, including the STS rear heater control where there is a small lamp accessible from the back side. Unfortunately, not in the case of the DIC control.

Well, I thought it might be a simple task. So thanks for the information! My warrant expires in May, so I may wait to see if I gain anything else between now and then. I was inquiring on the GMPP warranty through Black Cadillac in Pa, and found out that Calif. is one of the states they cant sell to anymore. (I can buy the GMPP locally). But now there's the GMEPP. What to do..... 4/60k $2960.00. I've been considering trading this in on a 14 GMC Sierra SLT. Test drove one and it's almost like being in a Cadillac! No HUD or HID's.

I'd get the warranty and not look back.
    If you're serious about the Sierra I would get the Denali as it should have HIDs but unfortunately I don't think I've ever seen a truck with a HUD in it.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    I'd get the warranty and not look back.
    If you're serious about the Sierra I would get the Denali as it should have HIDs but unfortunately I don't think I've ever seen a truck with a HUD in it.
    Acadia has HUD.

Just like I don't consider the SRX a truck I can't call that one either. However that is good to know that there is something out there that isn't a car with a HUD. I'd call it a crossover maybe a small SUV.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

I know that Buick considers the Enclave a full-sized SUV and the Acadia being the same platform with minor layout changes inside is basically the same (from a size perspective). My mom has owned both an Acadia and now the Enclave. I'd go with SUV on both of those but definitely I think the SRX is a crossover. As an interest, off topic point, I found the Acadia to be a better ride surprisingly and the Enclave to be quite problematic.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by erichthecatt View Post
    Hello erichthecatt,

If you would like any assistance in setting up the appointment to have the dealership look into your DIC control panel, I would be more than happy to assist you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via private message, or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. I will be sure to look for your future updates or messages.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I really like the Denali, but with the price tag of 50k plus probably wont happen. I have considered the other type of suv vehicles, but I have a part time air-conditioning / heating business and really need the room in the bed of the truck..If I keep my 10 sts, I suppose I should buy the warranty. Has anyone had any experience with the GMEPP yet? Just a gamble on whether or not it will pay for itself above the 3k price tag. If I have 3k in repairs in the next 4 years, I might as well bank the money myself.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

What's gmepp vs gmpp?? I have gmpp on the v I just got.

I thought GMC did the Denali package on top of any of their Sierra Truck line (quad or extended cabs) so you could have the box and a decent options package inside.

GMC does have the Sierra 1500 Denali. Awesome truck with a lot of nice features. No HID headlights though. But the price is very steep for a truck. 50-60 plus range. On the warranty from what I understand, gmpp is not owned by GM anymore. The new GMEPP is. From what ive read so far, the GMEPP has a longer warranty range. gmpp: 4/48000 gmepp: 4/60000. Same price. I don't want to get stuck with a warranty company with all the bogus claim denials that I read about on the net. The GMEPP just came out in December

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.