2007 STS Luxury Sport 4.6 - Key Fob
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2007 STS Luxury Sport 4.6 - Key Fob in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi everybody, I am totally new to this forum, but I guess I am with friends here ! There came ...
    Neska is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS

Post 2007 STS Luxury Sport 4.6 - Key Fob

Hi everybody, I am totally new to this forum, but I guess I am with friends here !
    There came in a new vehicle into my live....a 2007 STS which I bought the other day here in Spain/Europe where I lived the last 27 years. I was always a fan of cars "Made in USA" since I was a boy 5 decades ago.
    I had about everything from the 50th-60th and 70th Ford/Chrysler and all the GM-marks. A car from 2007 - this new I never owned. This is all new to me - now I am 62 years of age.
    Two weeks ago I saw this ad in the local paper : 2007 Cadillac STS Luxury Sport for sale with only 20.000 kilometers on the clock ( some 12k miles) I went there, I checked the car and I fell in love. Normally I hate newer vehicles with all this computer stuff nobody can fix....at least in my area. The next Caddy-dealer is 300 miles away. I bought the car anyway. So here it is now in my garage...together with my 1978 Buick Riviera.
    The seller of my new toy did not have the owners manual and not the second key fob. He told me a story why not....and I do not want to go deeper into this here.....as it was a story...
    I have read a lot now about an extra key fob and programming, but I am sooooo afraid to go ahead with this, as I am an old chap and I probably ruin it so I am sitting with the car not starting anymore at all.
    I have looked into ebay and found the key fob that looks as mine. They are all used ones and they are around 60-100 bucks. Each key fob seller tells a different story about programming...Some say, I have to go to a locksmith or the dealer, others say I can program it myself by doing this and that....it gets me confused and that is why I am sitting here now writing this thread, in hope somebody of you can explain me the right thing to do, without throwing my money out of the window and on the end maybe sit with a vehicle that does not move anymore at all.
    I called the dealer in Madrid 300 miles away and they told me to bring the car there This is just to far away for me, as I am suffering of multiple sclerosis - just can not travel that far. They said I have to order a key fob from them and they have to match it to the car. Is this true or do they only want to make some bucks ? They ask around $ 500.- for this. The trip would be another 500.....
    My car is a European model. Anybody knows if there is a difference for the programming because of this ? I read that there is differences on Canada sold STS,s.
    Very exiting all this. I am hoping now, that somebody is out there who knows what I could try to get a second fob to work with my car, so I can sleep again
    If anybody has a owners manual / also for the navigation system, I would be a buyer.
    Best regards
    Neska from Spain

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Sounds like you'll need to wait for the user "PonitacV8" to find this thread as he is on your "side of the pond" and probably could tell you exactly how to reprogram a new fob.
    I'd guess it would be the same way as the domestic model but there are some minor differences between domestic and export models.

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 99,000 miles

Re: 2007 Cadillac STS Luxury Sport 4.6 - Key Fob

Would a fob from the U.S.A. work in his car. Danny

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

The part numbers are different for the US/Export fobs and since the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver is also quite different, I wouldn't think a domestic fob will work. Often frequencies overseas are different than North America. Just my guess though.

Wow....things are getting worse i guess - I hope somebody knows the right answers for me.
    Thanks for all replies until now and your time involved writing about my problem. Appriciate it very much !

----------

Just to make sure again, I went to my garage and checked the number on the one FOB I have. It says GM/S 15890843 - it is FOB No. 1
    For the desired FOB No. 2 it would be ---842 ( I have been told )

Do you know what market your car was built for? There are a lot of variables when figuring out some parts for non - domestic vehicles. If your existing part number matches then other US fobs should work.

On the bottom of your spare tire cover there is a silver label with a bunch of codes on it. Can you post all the ones that start with the letter "U"?

Thanks ddalder ! I will post these codes tomorrow as it is late night over here now. I feel that I am connected with the right guys now - thanks again !
    I like to ad on, that the car was sold new from a offical Cadillac dealer in Bilbao/Spain. It is a European model with tach meter in kilometers up to 260.

You may also want to see if you have either AU8 or AE5 as well.

That cluster is definitely not for the US market. The Canadian cluster is the same with km over miles to a max of 260. You probably don't have enough posts yet to PM other members, but if you want to try and send my your VIN by PM I can pull the build sheet for your car.

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    Sounds like you'll need to wait for the user "PonitacV8" to find this thread as he is on your "side of the pond" and probably could tell you exactly how to reprogram a new fob.
    ...well...unfortunately..."programming" the fobs isn't mentioned in the export owner manual...(...I just read the german 2005 and 2006 release... )...there is just a note...if changes are needed or have to be done ---> "see the dealer"

Quote Originally Posted by ddalder View Post
    You may also want to see if you have either AU8 or AE5 as well.
    ...btw...2007 and 2008 export STS use RPO "UHB" (UHB - "Remote Keyless Entry" ) instead of "AU8"...

Quote Originally Posted by Neska View Post
    Just to make sure again, I went to my garage and checked the number on the one FOB I have. It says GM/S 15890843 - it is FOB No. 1
    For the desired FOB No. 2 it would be ---842 ( I have been told )
    ...the (european) export STS fobs "broadcast"/are "sending" on a 413 MHz frequency band (same for TPMS, RCDLR)...domestics (US/Canada) use a 315 MHz frequency...

...fob #15890843 (and #15890842) - TRANSMITTER,R/CON DR LK & THEFT DTRNT(XMTR #1 and#2) for D29 REMOTE LOCK AND REMOTE START CONTROL W/SPECIFIC FREQUENCY(UHB )-
    ...these are export fobs for 2007 export STS...(side note: european export STS 2005 and 2006 use #15212387/-86 )
    ...you can't use US/Canada-market fobs...

...and...IIRC, there is also no "Remote Start"-option available for 2007 and 2008 exports (same for 2005 and 2006 exports...there is no extra "Start Button" on export fobs...and the sometimes mentioned "remote start control" in the export fob part description is just wrong)

Hi again, I do NOT have AU8 and AE5. I do have UA2 UC2 UHB UJ9 UV6 UY5 U3 U3
    The vin is 1G6DC67A770166412
    Hope that helps to find out something. Many thanks for now !

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

...see/read what I have written before...you will need the 2007 export fob/s and a GM/Cadillac dealer...

...and your RPO codes:
    U03 - HORN NOISE EXPORT
    U30 - INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, TACH, CLOCK
    UA2 - THEFT DETERENT SYSTEM, EXPORT
    UC2 - SPEEDOMETER INST. KILO & MILES, KILO ODOMETER
    UHB - REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
    UJ9 - INDICATOR, LOW TIRE PRESSURE
    UV6 - HEAD UP DISPLAY
    UY5 - SPEAKER SYSTEM 15, DELUXE

...those are typical export 2007 STS codes...

Thanks a lot to all of you replied ! I can see now that I have saved the money ordering a US-key fob from Ebay. Bad thing is.....I have to get my car somehow all the way to the dealer over here and get a key fob from them. A thousand dollar key that will be..........

Sorry about your bad luck, but as PontiacV8 says, you've definitely got an export vehicle. I checked your build sheet and there's no doubt about it. In addition to the codes he has described for you, here are a few others that your car has which are "Export" only...

VC5 LABEL - SHIPPING, EXCEPT US, US POSSESSIONS, OR JAPAN LABEL SHIPPING LABEL USED OUTSIDE U.S. AND JAPAN(VC5)
    VG1 PROTECTOR UNDERHOOD COMPOUND, CORROSION PREVENTIVE, WATER BASED, CLEAR,EXPORT CLEAR UNDERHOOD CORROSION PREVENTIVE(VG1)
    VG9 PROTECTOR WAX,EXT BODY(EXPORT) PROTECTIVE BODY WAX(VG9)
    VH5 PLATE,VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION(EXPORT) VEH ID PLT(VH5)
    VJ2 LABEL, EXPORT HEADLAMP ADJUST HEADLAMP ADJUST LABEL FOR EXPORT(VJ2)
    V76 HOOK,FRONT TOW(EXPORT) FRT TOW HOOK(V76)
    V78 VEHICLE STATEMENT(DELETE)(EXPORT) V78)
    V92 TRAILER PROVISIONS TRLR PROVISIONS(V92)
    YQ6 INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM 014 INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM(YQ6)
    1SK PACKAGE - OPTION 10 OPTION PACKAGE #10 OPTION PACKAGE #10 (1SK)
    ARB EQUIPMENT,BODY,STRUCTURE,REINFORCEMENT BODY STRUCTURE REIN EQUIP(ARB)
    AX4 RESTRAINT SYSTEM,FRONT AND REAR SEAT,MANUAL(EUROPEAN) MAN RST SYS(AX4)
    A26 WINDOW,UNITED KINGDOM AND EUROPEAN GLAZING(EXPORT) EUROPEAN WDO GLAZING(A26)(EXPORT)
    A82 RESTRAINT SYSTEM,HEAD(EXPORT) HD RST SYS(A82)(EXPORT)
    BAG PARTS PKG EXPORT PARTS PKG(BAG)
    CT1 COUNTRY,BELGIUM(EXPORT) BELGIUM(CT1)
    DL7 MIRROR O/S LH & RH, REMOTE CONTROL, ELECTRIC, HEATED POWER FOLDING, COLOR ELEC HEATED O/S MIR(DL7)
    EXP EXPORT - I.E.S. EXPORT I.E.S. EXPORT-SPECIFIC MARKET AREA EQUIPMENT(EXP)
    E5A CHASSIS RETUNED RETUNED CHASSIS(E5A)
    KA3 HEATER ENG BLOCK - 220 VOLT 220 VOLT ENG BLOCK HTR(KA3)
    MAE MARKETING AREA EUROPE(EXPORT) EUROPE(MAE)
    NT4 EMISSION SYSTEM EEC 05 EEC 05 EMIS(NT4)
    N05 LOCK,FUEL FILLER CAP FUEL FIL LKG CAP(N05)
    PB4 LOCK KIT,ALUMINUM WHEEL AL WHL LOCK KIT(PB4)
    TR7 HEADLAMPS CONTROL LEVELING SYSTEM, AUTOMATIC AUTO HDLP LVL SYS(TR7)
    TT8 HEADLAMPS HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE, RH RULE OF ROAD HDLP,HI INTENS DISCHARGE,RH RULE OF ROAD(TT8)
    T2J ORNAMENTATION,INTERIOR,EXPORT UNIQUE REQUIREMENTS(EXPORT) INTR ORNAMENTATION(T2J)(EXPORT)
    T62 LIGHTING DAYTIME RUNNING ----DELETE T62)
    T79 LAMPS,REAR FOG(EXPORT) RR FOG LP(T79)

I can post your entire build sheet if you'd like.

The part numbers you need are:

Fob #1 15890843
    Fob #2 15890842

I'd love to see a lot of detailed photos of your car so I can learn what some of the differences are between yours and the North American STS. Some in particular are interior, the headlight leveling label under the hood and the contents of the parts/tool kit.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacV8 View Post
    ...btw...2007 and 2008 export STS use RPO "UHB" (UHB - "Remote Keyless Entry" ) instead of "AU8"...
    I kind of wondered, but GM lists a fob for use with AU8 & UHB

TRANSMITTER,R/CON DR LK & THEFT DTRNT(W/O REMOTE START)(NO PERSONALIZATION)(10.526) D29(AU8,UHB)(EXPORT)

targetSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cadillac STS AWD 1SG

definitely, You need to find euro frequency key fob and reprogram it with tech2.
    try to find used one in europe, maybe ebay.de or some other sources

I will try to post photos in the weekend for all to see. If I manage to get a second hand fob here from another European STS, can anyone with a TECH 2 program it to the vehicle, or do I have to see the dealer anyway? Of course, they only want to sell their own new key fobs...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.