Power on problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Power on problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello firends I have problem with my STS 2008. I switch off alarm, go to inside, green ring light, when ...
    Carat10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

Power on problem

Hello firends

I have problem with my STS 2008.

I switch off alarm, go to inside, green ring light, when I push, light orange ACC, on the instrument write "Press Start and Brake" but nothing else
    - instrument is off
    - radio off
    - climatronic off

- windows work
    - central lock work
    - headlight work
    - stop light and gear work

When I press brake pedal + start button, on few seconds intrument light on and off.
    When I press brake pedal + jumper purple cabel to 12V+ in front fuse box, engine start, and instrument and climatronic work, but radio is disable.

Battery is new, all fuse is ok.

Have you any idea, what is the problem ?

Thanks for answer, and sorry for my english

Hi

I have next problem, immo problem.

When car stay all night and at morning open (alarm off) and hold power start button,
    - instruments on, and write "press brake pedal and start" but lock icon is light, and when I push button "start", all is off
    - but if lock icon light, and I go to front fuse box, I make jumper 12V+ to violet cable (starter) car engine is start, and all is ok.

Sometimes when I drive, lock icon will light up for a moment , intrument restart and all is ok, engine no stop.
    When I turn off engine > close car > open car, push start button engine runing, all is ok, but when I close car, and stay for example 30min - 1h, open car, and lock icon light again, I must make jumper in front fuse box.

Battery is new, all ground in car are check.

Have you any idea ?
    Thanks for help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 95,000 miles

Re: Power on problem

Remove and check both battery cables, also check the ground cable to ground, could be some rust under the lug to body. Danny

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Carat10 View Post
    Hello firends

I have problem with my STS 2008.

I switch off alarm, go to inside, green ring light, when I push, light orange ACC, on the instrument write "Press Start and Brake" but nothing else
    - instrument is off
    - radio off
    - climatronic off

- windows work
    - central lock work
    - headlight work
    - stop light and gear work

When I press brake pedal + start button, on few seconds intrument light on and off.
    When I press brake pedal + jumper purple cabel to 12V+ in front fuse box, engine start, and instrument and climatronic work, but radio is disable.

Battery is new, all fuse is ok.

Have you any idea, what is the problem ?

Thanks for answer, and sorry for my english
    Hello Carat10,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your STS. Have you spoken to your dealership or our Customer Care team yet? Are you located within the United States? If not, I can provide you with the contact info for the Customer Care team in your region. Please feel free to private message me or send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4
    It might help if you updated your profile to show that the car is in Poland.

The owner/car is in central Poland. He posted an identical thread elsewhere - I'll merge them.

Carat10,Welcome to Cadillac Forums !!! Please do not post duplicate questions in different threads - let one thread work for you so that all information is visible without jumpng around.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

And please put your location in your profile.

Mike, I'll do that when I get his permission. (Yours isn't exactly precise...................)

Carat10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

Sorry firends for my double topic.

I have new problem, I wrote yesterday but topic is gone.

When car stay all night, and morning I open car > push start button > instruments on > write "Press brake and start" > but lock icon is light, I must go to front fuse box, and make jumper 12V+ to violet cable to starter. Car engine is start all is ok, sometimes when I drive, lock icon light up, central locking close and open, but engine still works and car drive.

When I close car, and open, all is ok, I can start car with "start button" but when car close on 30min-1h, and open, I must make jumper in front fuse box, because lock icon will light up.

Battery is new, all ground are check.
    This is immo problem, but what

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Your information is not gone - it is all in this thread, Post #1.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Carat10 View Post
    Sorry firends for my double topic.

I have new problem, I wrote yesterday but topic is gone.

When car stay all night, and morning I open car > push start button > instruments on > write "Press brake and start" > but lock icon is light, I must go to front fuse box, and make jumper 12V+ to violet cable to starter. Car engine is start all is ok, sometimes when I drive, lock icon light up, central locking close and open, but engine still works and car drive.

When I close car, and open, all is ok, I can start car with "start button" but when car close on 30min-1h, and open, I must make jumper in front fuse box, because lock icon will light up.

Battery is new, all ground are check.
    This is immo problem, but what
    Hello Carat10,

I apologize that you are experiencing another concern with your STS. I am glad that Submariner409 was able to assist you in merging your threads and asking you to add your location to your profile. Have you attempted to reach out to our Customer Care team in Europe at http://www.cadillaceurope.com/en/ind...tact_overview? They would be in the best position to assist you since they are located in your home market. Please keep us updated if you are able to contact them!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.