compatibility with tires - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, compatibility with tires in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by fly187 LOL. You can't look at a tire and tell if it's good or not. Tires that ...
    edoubble2082 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts4 v8 has every option available

Re: compatibility with tires

Quote Originally Posted by fly187 View Post
    LOL. You can't look at a tire and tell if it's good or not. Tires that you can tell are bad, are way beyond bad. There is a lot of used tires out their that are sold and are not good round tires. Buying new is the only way to go.
    . Only way to go -0 that's crazy no you can't tell everything but if you know what to look for you can tell if the tire is evenly worn had any plugs or repairs and can tell the quality of the rubber and any used tire spot that installs will of course check for leaks are there a lot of crappy tires sold at used tire spots absolutely are there a lot of lemon caddilacs being sold as perfect cars absolutely .You have to know what to look for I'm not telling anyone that used tired are better than new but not everyone can afford to spend 800 1000 on tires for those who can't or would like to save money it's an option . I'm in the prosess of changing tires on my 1sg and got 2 Michelin pilots for the front today 90% tread down to the millameter for 60 each for tires that are over 200 new same with the continentals dws on the back spent 250 for all 4 instead of 1000 and my car drives like a dream over 5 years working at big o

fly187 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

Beyond Pleased.

Bridgestone Turanza Serenity plus.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....&autoModel=STS V6 AWD&autoModClar=235/50-17

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by edoubble2082 View Post
    . That's completely false IMO I only buy used tires and have had no problems whatsoever these are heavy cars eat through tires and unfortunately I don't have the money to drop on new tires I got continental dws 55 45 with 80% tread yesterday for $60 a tire can't beat that My only suggestion if goin used is to at least replace set of 2 if staggered
    Sure the car weighs a bit. That's why you LOOK at the load rating / size group. You need a 97V or 97w rating up front and a 99V or 99W rating in the back.

Staggeredshould be fine, but get the correct sizes.

It is also not unheard of for a new tire to be out of round. Not too common with these high speed rated tires, but still a possibility.

It should have shown up in balancing - unless it did and they didn't tell you - or if they didn't bother with balancing or did it incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68 View Post
    Sure the car weighs a bit. That's why you LOOK at the load rating / size group. You need a 97V or 97w rating up front and a 99V or 99W rating in the back.

Staggeredshould be fine, but get the correct sizes.

It is also not unheard of for a new tire to be out of round. Not too common with these high speed rated tires, but still a possibility.

It should have shown up in balancing - unless it did and they didn't tell you - or if they didn't bother with balancing or did it incorrectly.
    Fully aware of load rating - as long as you stick w stock tire size your gonna get that toyo good year Michilan Pirelli continental all carry that load rateing for our stock tire size so thats beside the point unless you use some super off brand junk tire or wrong size lots of factors for burning through tires driving habits road conditions weather awd rwd to many to list one thing we can't change is the weight of the car my only point

----------

Quote Originally Posted by daddy_o View Post
    The last time I bought a used tire was for my 72 ford torino.
    . Last time I drove a v-6 was ..... Never I let my girlfriend ride v6

daddy_o is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 STS, AWD,3.6 auto, Black cherry.

----------

[/COLOR]. Last time I drove a v-6 was ..... Never I let my girlfriend ride v6[/QUOTE]

That torino had a police interceptor v8 with a four barrel carb, the engine blew, I sold the carb alone for more than I paid for the car.
    I bought the car for $75 in the early 80s and sold the carb for $100 two years later.

----------

[/COLOR]. Last time I drove a v-6 was ..... Never I let my girlfriend ride v6
    That torino had a police interceptor v8 with a four barrel carb, the engine blew, I sold the carb alone for more than I paid for the car.
    I bought the car for $75 in the early 80s and sold the carb for $100 two years later.[/QUOTE]. That is a precious story but I was taking about you caddy XXXXXX

Moderator edit: Insults will earn you a vacation from CF.

Quote Originally Posted by edoubble2082 View Post
    I bought the car for $75 in the early 80s and sold the carb for $100 two years later.
    . That is a precious story but I was taking about you caddy XXXXXX [/QUOTE]

Your showing a lack of class bubble, post somewhere else.

Moderator edit: Insults will earn you a vacation form CF. Keep it cool, OK ?

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Your showing a lack of class bubble, post somewhere else.
    Yeah there has been some recent newbies in here that lack all forms of class and respect for other people.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Just flat out stop replying to their posts. Then they can reply to themselves or go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    Yeah there has been some recent newbies in here that lack all forms of class and respect for other people.
    Yeah, I joined this forum a while back when I got my 07 CTS and really liked how people would give ideas and opinions about a problem.
    I may have a V6 but those guys with the V8 never made fun of me, the base car being the same, we can all learn about fixes.
    I guess I will smile better knowing I get a little better gas mileage, along with 304 horses under the hood.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Some people think the 3.6L V6 DI is an oil using piece of crap. I rather like mine.

DarkMingBlueSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 6 CYL
    Quote Originally Posted by KRSTS
    Some people think the 3.6L V6 DI is an oil using piece of crap. I rather like mine.
    my 3.6 made it over 200,000 miles but I just sold it a few weeks ago with it still running and boy do I miss that car

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMingBlueSTS View Post
    my 3.6 made it over 200,000 miles but I just sold it a few weeks ago with it still running and boy do I miss that car
    Guess that explains why I haven't seen you post in a while. What did you replace it with?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    . First off I give respect to everyone this guy posts out of nowhere last time I got used tires was for my 72 what ever as if he's to good for that now and looking down on those that do I felt insulted so I fires back I honestly don't have anything agenst v6 although I myself would not buy one to each his own luvacrip your really sensitive last time i said I gave it to the dealer Deleted

Does it upset you if I say I've never purchased used tires for any car I've ever had?
    Does that mean I'm saying i'm better than you?
    No.
    It just means I'd rather make sacrifices elsewhere to make sure I've got safe and proper tires on all the cars I own and drive.

Daddy_o wasn't attacking you he was simply saying he hasn't bought used tires since that car from 40 years ago.

Your hostile attitude about basically everything means maybe you should consider seeing a therapist to help with your anger management issues.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.