New STS and STS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, New STS and STS-V in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ultra slow, why don't you think the STS v will get forced induction? the base will most likely get the ...
    Dubya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: New STS and STS-V

Ultra slow, why don't you think the STS v will get forced induction? the base will most likely get the 255hp v6, the sts will get the 320hp 4.6vvt (competing with the 540, now 545 i think) and the V series is like M to bmw, the STS-V will compete with the m5.

the 2005 M5 has a v10, if cadillac wants to compete with bmw and mercedes, they need serious power, hence all the rumors of a twin turbo northstar. the cts-v which is competting with the m3 has a 400hp v8, the stsV has to be faster (more expensive) most likely a supercharged v8 in the area of 450hp at a minimum, . maybe they'll decide to put in the 550hp Ls7 (and possible de-tune it a little to around 500).

corvette will never get a northstar. most people that buy corvette's are very old and are enthusiasts. they want pushrod power, not complicated dohc engines, corvette will always be about big american v8 power, they made that mistake once with the ZR1.

XLR won't get discontinued. think of what cars it competes with, it looks better and out-accelerates the mercedes sl600 convertable, sure mercedes has AMG, but cadillacs now got (getting) V series, probably see a FI 4.6vvt XLR-V. Im sure that all 7500 are already spoken for, its not going to be hard to sell that car, there not likely going to talk someone out of getting a seville for one, there taking mercedes would be customers away

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya
    it looks better...
    what

Dubya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

have you seen the xlr in person? personally, im loving the way cadillac is going. i used to hate the style of the new escalade and cts, especially the cts, now i love them both, guess you gotta like the style, check out a xlr at your local caddy dealer. sl600 is a nice car too, i just like the xlr more

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

I definitely love the Escalade, and actually I think the direction Caddy is going is very good for them too even though the STS in my opinion was one of the best designs to come out of GM in the last 10 years hands down, and thats BOTH of the last two iterations of it. I wasnt ever wild about the Eldo simply because I didnt like the roofline or Window arrangement. I still however prefer the classic lines of the SL series to any other roadster on the market, I dont think the BMW stuff even comes close. Also, im not a huge fan of just HOW SIMILAR all of the art and design cars are ending up. You could argue that MB has alot of similarity between their vehicles too, but it seems like in their case its just enough to keep the models staggered far enough apart. BMW suffers from the similarity problem as well (er...will once all the models end up getting "bangled"), perhaps moreso than cadillac.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

I didn't like the new designs at first either, but they've all grown on me..

Isn't the STS the base Seville? And the STS-V the performance model? There's going to be two STS models? Or is there still going to be an SLS?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

MARKVIII is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

being a long time luxo coupe owner (eldo and lincoln marks) does anyone here think that either Cadillac or Lincoln will ever again come out with a luxo coupe that wont be above 50k..right now if i had to buy a car there is nothing under 50k i am intersted in..i will just stay with my '01 etc until something close to it becomes available..i do however like the infinity fx45 even though that is a totally differant vehicle..

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

No SLS Sal. Just STS-6 with 3.6l and STS-8 with 4.6l. The only info currently on the STS-V is purely speculation. Whatever magazines or TV shows have to say, until something concrete comes out of GM, we have no proof there will ever be an STS-V. Motortrend reported months ago that the Escalade would be the next model to get the V treatment and still nothing has been announced on that.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

There will be no SLS.
    The STS will get the 320hp N*
    The STS-V will get a TT N* or the N*V12 that GM has been sitting on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.