Technical Issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Technical Issue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Guys, I receives two messages "ENGINE POWER REDUCED" and "SERVICE STABILITY SYS" with the "Traction Control System (TCS)" warning ...
    aqari is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Technical Issue

Hi Guys,

I receives two messages "ENGINE POWER REDUCED" and "SERVICE STABILITY SYS" with the "Traction Control System (TCS)" warning light appearing on the instrument panel and the car stops accelrating for more than 25km/h.

My car is STS 2009 LLT 3.6L V6

Please help !

Asim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Technical Issue

If you're stuck somewhere you can try the battery disconnect, touch cables together for about 30 secs, and reconnect and see if that gets you where you need to go until someone else on here diagnoses what you have going on.

thanks for your reply.
    actualy, it's happening every once in a while and when I turn off the car and run it again, it works fine for couple of minutes.
    a tech said it's a problem in the fuel pedal and fixed it, but the issue still there.

B1n2fra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 1SG Cadillac sts v8 awd
    Sounds like a bad wheel hub connector. Or a bad wheel hub itself. I had a bad wheel hub connector on my previous car and it would be Fine every time I restarted the car then randomly throw the message when it felt like it. I would have to get under the car then wiggle it sometimes to make it go away.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello!

I am truly sorry to hear of this concern you are experiencing with your vehicle. If you would like to send us a private message with your location, we would be happy to get you in contact with the proper department to assist. Thank you!

Jessica (assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by aqari View Post
    Hi Guys,

I receives two messages "ENGINE POWER REDUCED" and "SERVICE STABILITY SYS" with the "Traction Control System (TCS)" warning light appearing on the instrument panel and the car stops accelrating for more than 25km/h.

My car is STS 2009 LLT 3.6L V6

Please help !

Asim

Quote Originally Posted by B1n2fra View Post
    Sounds like a bad wheel hub connector. Or a bad wheel hub itself. I had a bad wheel hub connector on my previous car and it would be Fine every time I restarted the car then randomly throw the message when it felt like it. I would have to get under the car then wiggle it sometimes to make it go away.
    Many thanks for the advice; will chekc this issue with the mechanic

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Also check that the fuse block is secured tightly and there are no loose bolts ... we've seen similar symptoms before on other cars that turned out to be loose grounds or loose connections on the fuse block
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Also check that the fuse block is secured tightly and there are no loose bolts ... we've seen similar symptoms before on other cars that turned out to be loose grounds or loose connections on the fuse block
    Thanks, will check this out as well.
    But one more thing, and wondering if it's related; I hear like a drumming sound while accelerating and feel like the the car exhaster is strangulated. Is it possible that might cause the problem!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.