Bluetooth options...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Bluetooth options... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm looking for a Bluetooth option that will allow me to stream music with clean sound. My first choice is ...
    Fina11y is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 STS

Bluetooth options...

I'm looking for a Bluetooth option that will allow me to stream music with clean sound. My first choice is an aftermarket HU with a mic included, but I'm worried about losing remote start (and possibly other options) functionality.

My next option is this: http://www.amazon.com/Bluefusion-Han.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

I've also read on this website about the BLUEstar, but it's more expensive and I'm not sure I like the music streaming options it offers.

Thoughts?

The car is a 2007 STS (V6 no nav) by the way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Doesn't work with our radio.
    That is a class ii databus version (we are GM LAN / CANBUS).
    The GM LAN version isn't compatible with their product.

I don't know if anyone has done the blue star replacement with the 05+ STS.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Re: Bluetooth options...

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    Doesn't work with our radio.
    That is a class ii databus version (we are GM LAN / CANBUS).
    The GM LAN version isn't compatible with their product.

I don't know if anyone has done the blue star replacement with the 05+ STS.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Okay, I'm new to this stuff, I appreciate your help. Do you know anything about installing an aftermarket stereo? Will I lose remote start functionality? I'm trying to gather information so I can take this on myself to save some money... unless it's too much of a headache.

Thanks!

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

There are a bunch of threads on the topic. I assume you have the Nav radio. (If not, one member got great results by keeping the OEM base unit AND adding the aftermarket Nav with all the feature/function.) Either way, you will need an OEM STS radio to make & save configuration changes. (Some members just leave provisions for reconnecting the OEM unit when needed, but some actually install it in the trunk.

There has been a recent development that offers still another approach. I'm starting to see inexpensive Bluetooth receivers ($15-25) that would be easy to plug into an adapter and therefore use the Aux Input in the console between the seats.

Daves_05_STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 STS 3.6L

If you have the Rental Car version STS as I do [no NAV/no AUX in console] continue reading:

Jabra Crusier2 positioned [only] on the Driver's sun visor. 88.1FM if you're riding around Suffolk County, Long Island.
    Use the EQ5 setting when streaming Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, and the like.

Ignore me if your STS is better equip or you wish to stream Pachelbel.

acs1784 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac sts4 v8 infared

My wife's '07 was a Hertz rental and it has the Aux jacks. I thought the only ones w/o them didn't have the 15 speakers.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    All cars with nav have RCA aux input. No nav no aux.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

15 spkr, nav and aux is a package deal.

I do not have the nav, so no aux port which would have been clutch. Honestly I really don't NEED the Bluetooth, just a way to get my Google Music subscription (Android phone) to play through the speakers. I absolutely hate burning cd's, changing cd's, and anything cd's.

I'm really thinking that I don't need the remote start, chimes, and the like and might just go aftermarket head unit. Anybody know what functionality I will lose by going aftermarket?

If you remove your OEM head-end, you won't be able to save preferences such as seat settings.

Does your STS have XM capability? The feed is a simple line-level audio input.

If not, I hesitate to even suggest an FM modulator. I'd recommend just adding an aftermarket A/V/Nav. About a year ago, a member posted pic's of a slick installation in his STS but left his base radio in as well.

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Relocate the OEM radio into the trunk like "ITSQUIK" did and replace the stock head unit, while it might be annoying to need to go into the trunk to change settings its certainly better than not being able to do anything with them.

Can't seem to find a pic of the radio in the trunk, but here is his custom mod:

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    Relocate the OEM radio into the trunk like "ITSQUIK" did and replace the stock head unit, while it might be annoying to need to go into the trunk to change settings its certainly better than not being able to do anything with them.

Can't seem to find a pic of the radio in the trunk, but here is his custom mod:
    That's craazzyy! I'm considering putting a tablet in my SUV, but seems way too complicated for the STS. I'm not sure I have the technical know how to get the oem stereo into the trunk... might have to fork it over at the local car audio place,

Anybody have experience with hard wired FM transmitters? I'm going to order one as a trial...
    http:// http://www.amazon.com/iSimpl.../dp/B005XUEMK6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.