Yes, they are fixing the voice recognition.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Yes, they are fixing the voice recognition. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; For those of you who are unhappy with the performance of the VR system (myself included), you will be happy ...
    The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Yes, they are fixing the voice recognition.

For those of you who are unhappy with the performance of the VR system (myself included), you will be happy to hear that a software upgrade is in the works, and should be available soon. It will be installed at the dealer, and will pare down the list of commands from 170 to around 130, but they will work.

Good news for everyone who seems to think Cadillac has forgotten you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PTC Sclade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Yes, they are fixing the voice recognition.

Very good news. Is it safe to assume the dealer will contact the owners/customers? If it is a good system it will go a long way to upgrading a very nice automobile's shortcomings. Thanks for the info.

flyboy767 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts4/07 escalade

Thumbs up Re: Yes, they are fixing the voice recognition.

Please post when anyone has this upgrade completed--definitely needed!

I doubt they will notify owners, as the units equipped with Nav/VR make up a very small percentage of the mix. Most likely there will be a bulletin, advising dealers that if a customer comes in with this complaint, install this software.

I will post here when we recieve the software update so you guys (gals?) can visit your dealer.

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Orlando
    I doubt they will notify owners, as the units equipped with Nav/VR make up a very small percentage of the mix. Most likely there will be a bulletin, advising dealers that if a customer comes in with this complaint, install this software.

I will post here when we recieve the software update so you guys (gals?) can visit your dealer.
    Great , good new's.

By the way, how is "Dawn" ???

chiefmjk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Turbo/ Premium/Crystal Red & 2006 SRX AWD Red

The next fix should be the remote start seat heating hopefully before winter.

That actually works perfectly. The temperature has to be very low, however. I'll check tomorrow and see what the cutoff is, but it does work.

transylvania is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

When I record NAMETAGs and the STS plays back what I said, it sounds very noisy to me even though everything is off and it is quiet.
    Could this be part of the problem, a bad mike?

LetsDance is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well Wooo-hooooooooooo, I am so sick of giving it one command and having it reply to another, I ask it to open windows...it turns on the heat. My husband says its like having another wife who also doesn't listen to you. LOL

malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Orlando
    That actually works perfectly. The temperature has to be very low, however. I'll check tomorrow and see what the cutoff is, but it does work.
    Well I can tell you it gets pretty cold in NJ and mine never worked. Seems to me any temperature below freezing, 32 F should be enough.

LetsDance is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey!!! Another New Jersey STS owner here, pleased to meet you Malcomd.

Dressel is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Brought my car in today for the upgrade, drove off and thought I would try it. The simple stuff first, windows down etc. Car went French on me. Radio next, as in volume, car shut A/C down. I am so impressed that I cannot believe it. Called dealer and will bring it in again.

Fred_Mac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by Dressel
    Brought my car in today for the upgrade, drove off and thought I would try it. The simple stuff first, windows down etc. Car went French on me. Radio next, as in volume, car shut A/C down. I am so impressed that I cannot believe it. Called dealer and will bring it in again.
    That's interesting ... it was my understanding the upgrade wouldn't be available until August or September.

fain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I ve been monitoring this forum and web site since I bought my car in September. At first I thought, and so did the dealer, I was crazy for having all these problems with my car. mic, navigation, breaks locking up etc etc. if you are having a problem with the car, so are others. Just check out these forums. but we need to get Cadillac to listen to all of us, one they will just ignore like they have with my last three contacts with complaints. I m thinking about suing cadillac in a class action!

They have been listening and are in the process of coming out with a complete software update for the nav system, as my first post described.

And of course you'll find others with problems on the forums. That's what internet car forums are mostly used for: Mass complaining and blowing problems out of proportion. The large percentage of owners are driving their cars happily, oblivious to the existence of this place, while those who do post here motor along happily until something goes wrong and *bang!*, another "I'm suing GM" post appears.

Go to www.rx8club.com and search for "gas mileage", "flash" or "transmission" and you'll find hundreds of posts claiming it's the biggest pile of garbage, but my RX-8 was one of the most trouble free cars I've ever owned (besides my STS). Just because all internet car forums are about 70% negative does not mean 70% of all the owners are unhappy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.