Questions about my 07 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Questions about my 07 STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello everyone. I have a few questions regarding my new to me STS. I am a first time cadillac owner ...
    caddy_john is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Questions about my 07 STS

Hello everyone. I have a few questions regarding my new to me STS. I am a first time cadillac owner and am loving the car, however modifications are frustrating and nothing like Im used to lol.

First, I was wondering about a cold air intake kit for my car. I have the base model 07 with a 3.6L. I have found intake kits for the V model with the 4.4L and was wondering if that would be cross compatible with my model?? Or does anyone else know who has a kit at a reasonable price??

Second, can I replace my factory stereo with aftermarket and retain my personalization features such as my driver adjustments??

And last, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share ideas as to what they have done to customize their sts?? I hate having a totally stock vehicle and am looking for ideas to help make my car feel like my own lol.

Thanks in advance for any responses!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: Questions about my 07 STS

1. I don't know if they are cross compatible, but the 4.6L V8 intake setup flows more air than the NA engine can use.
    - All you will likely get out of it is some extra intake noise, not that its a bad thing.

2. You can replace the stereo with aftermarket if you desire and all features will continue to function however they are currently setup.
    - Some features (like setting seat temp control during remote start operation) are turned off during a battery disconnection and can only be turned back on via the radio.
    - If you have the non-navigation setup there are methods (at least on the CTS) to cut up the radio to retain the module to allow you to control settings of the car.
    - Some people are also able to re-locate the OEM radio into the trunk to retain all features, but at a slight convenience charge.

Search out ITSQUICK on here for his posts, he has a 3.6L and has done radio relocation and iPad integration and a new radio too.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by caddy_john
    Hello everyone. I have a few questions regarding my new to me STS. I am a first time cadillac owner and am loving the car, however modifications are frustrating and nothing like Im used to lol.

First, I was wondering about a cold air intake kit for my car. I have the base model 07 with a 3.6L. I have found intake kits for the V model with the 4.4L and was wondering if that would be cross compatible with my model?? Or does anyone else know who has a kit at a reasonable price??

Second, can I replace my factory stereo with aftermarket and retain my personalization features such as my driver adjustments??

And last, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share ideas as to what they have done to customize their sts?? I hate having a totally stock vehicle and am looking for ideas to help make my car feel like my own lol.

1 no can't use v totally different. You can mod a v8 to work or buy the volant or fab your own.

2 yes however if you ever want to adjust those settings you will need to reinstall the oem radio

3 not a lot of stuff can be done but a few of us such as daddler and myself have found cool upgrades

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by caddy_john View Post

Stock is beautiful!

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

These cars were quite nice to begin wtih. You can get a rear spoiler (standard on mine, optional on some others), chrome wheels, and some molded splash guards.

Then there are the loyds mats. ALL my cars get Loyds mats.

N8860 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2007 STS modifications to mine included Vogue mesh grill, Vogue 8.5 inch wheels with Toyo 255X35X20 Proxes 4 low profile tires and Cadillac smoked tail light assemblies. Grill was $650.00, wheels $175.00@, tires $108.00@ and smoked tail lights $340.00 per set. All parts except tires are 2007 prices.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

If modding is your passion, sell your STS and buy a car better suited to your goals. Cadillac's engineers wrung out all they could while maintaining good all-around drivability. Production numbers never reached the level that makes for a profitable aftermarket.

A CAI will do you little more than cost you money; factually louder & less efficient. For the AV/Nav, if you have the base unit, keep it AND add aftermarket. We have the 15.1 Bose and are very happy with it. You really don't want to lose the utility and featured integrated into the OEM radio.

ITSQUIK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS
    Quote Originally Posted by caddy_john
    Hello everyone. I have a few questions regarding my new to me STS. I am a first time cadillac owner and am loving the car, however modifications are frustrating and nothing like Im used to lol. First, I was wondering about a cold air intake kit for my car. I have the base model 07 with a 3.6L. I have found intake kits for the V model with the 4.4L and was wondering if that would be cross compatible with my model?? Or does anyone else know who has a kit at a reasonable price?? Second, can I replace my factory stereo with aftermarket and retain my personalization features such as my driver adjustments?? And last, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share ideas as to what they have done to customize their sts?? I hate having a totally stock vehicle and am looking for ideas to help make my car feel like my own lol. Thanks in advance for any responses!!
    Check out the pics of my STS. It may give you some cool ideas. Just keep in mind, modding these cars is not cheap. If I didn't do a lot of it myself the car wouldn't be this far along. Feel free to ask questions. I don't mind helping!!

3859c1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS
    How about adding an amp to the stock Bose 5.1 system? Would this be possible and be of benefit?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Nope there, either. With the carefully engineered Bose systems there is precious little you can do other than completely replace the entire sound system. (and that result is usually simply horrible sounding)

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    The stock Bose speakers IIRC run a really low impedance compared to typical car audio speakers making the use of a 3rd party amp more difficult. The front door speakers and rear center sub have their own amplifier mounted directly on top of the speaker in the cone area.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    The front door speakers and rear center sub have their own amplifier mounted directly on top of the speaker in the cone area.
    Only the 15 speaker system with nav. Not the 8 speaker set up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.