Can anyone do a Vin Check Please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Can anyone do a Vin Check Please in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 1g6dw677750183722 thanks....
    brandon2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 3.6 V6 1969 Eldorado All Original 472 Big Block

Can anyone do a Vin Check Please

1g6dw677750183722 thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Yes, anyone can do a VIN check...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=VIN+check

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS RWD NAV F55 N*1SF

Thumbs up Re: Can anyone do a Vin Check Please

The easiest way is to (Get your camera ready) and look under the spare tire cover in the trunk
    and look for a white tag, it HAS ALL the information that your vehicle was built to.
    Happy Motoring

VIN CHECK usually refers to something along the lines of Carfax. So he's either asking complete strangers to pay for something for him, or to spend time doing a free one for him. Not the first time that's happened here actually.

First of all. Im not trying to have someone pay for anything. I was with diesel place forum for years and there were people that were able to get the vehicle history. I dont know how but Im sure they didnt pay for it. On the getting someone else to spend time hetting info note. This a forum and thats what we are suppose to be doing here helping eachother out. I will do the same for anyone else if i can. Now thats what i was used to on my others forums, people helping eachother out.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Can anyone do a Vin Check Please

If you can email me your VIN i will email you back some PDFs of the info that you are looking for

i would not suggest posting your email here publicly unless you enjoy lots and lots of spam
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by brandon2005
    First of all. Im not trying to have someone pay for anything. I was with diesel place forum for years and there were people that were able to get the vehicle history. I dont know how but Im sure they didnt pay for it. On the getting someone else to spend time hetting info note. This a forum and thats what we are suppose to be doing here helping eachother out. I will do the same for anyone else if i can. Now thats what i was used to on my others forums, people helping eachother out.
    Sorry, I misunderstood, but your thread title reads like you want someone to run your VIN through a Carfax-like service, to get a "vehicle history report", which you either pay for, or Google to find a free one, in which case, you wouldn't need help from a forum.

Chris (RippyPartsDept) can get you records of any dealer performed services/repairs/warranty work, as well as a list of RPOs on your car, and other VIN info. He also offers discounts (on parts) to forum members.

Wow. Ok thanks Moist Cabbage. CHRIS thanks for letting me know man. I will email you.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Cadillac customer service also monitors these boards, and they might be able to get you a build list if that's what you are looking for.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon2005 View Post
    1g6dw677750183722 thanks.
    Hello brandon2005,

I am more than happy to provide any information I can for you. Please send me a private message that states if you are interested in your warranty status, build sheet, or something else. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac customer Care

russsh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts

clean 1 own lived in Atlanta Ga. all its life Auto Ck.

Thanks for all the help offers guys. Chris RippyPartsDept. provided me a build sheet with all the work that's been done to the car, which is nothing but a battery and a key remote. I just bought the car yesterday 11,000 grand and it's an 05 V6 1SB (Upgraded luxury package) with only 26,124 miles on it. The lady that owned it was 89 years old and had to move to Connecticut with her daughter because of old age so she gave it to a friend of the family to sale it. Found it on craigslist. I got lucky this time!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

brandon,

just remember that the labor history on that sheet is only the warranty work
    anything that was not warranty will not show up on that sheet
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    brandon,

just remember that the labor history on that sheet is only the warranty work
    anything that was not warranty will not show up on that sheet
    Got you. I now have the carfax and it shows the same thing only thing done is a battery replacement and key remote in 2006. Everything else just says maintenance inspection completed every year and passed emissions every year. The old lady didn't hardly drive this car. Carfax shows $910 value added to the car, making it 910 above retail value.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.