Service AC System
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Service AC System in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well shoot....have to write this for a second time.... About four days ago I was sitting in traffic for road ...
    SpeedGP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

Service AC System

Well shoot....have to write this for a second time....

About four days ago I was sitting in traffic for road work, decided to turn the car off....bad idea...car wouldn't start, finally got a jump and drove home. Ended up having to get a new battery. Ever since the jump my DIC has said Service AC System every time I start the car, also doesn't show outside temp. I used a cheap scan tool (U408?) and it said there was no code, even after starting the car and rescanning after the error came up.

On top of all this I've been researching for days and can not figure how to get into the cars diagnostic menu... I have an 05 STS without Nav, can I get into the menu? Hold AC off and Warmer button, right? Which is the warmer button? Heated seat up? Fan up? Heater on/off button?

Someone....please.....help....48382-1.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Re: Service AC System

The car doesn't have a diagnostics thing in the DIC the way the older caddys did. They dropped that feature.

Any clue about the AC thing?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Try disconnecting both battery cables, and touching them together momentarily. Odd electrical glitches can happen after/because of a low voltage condition and/or jumping.

Was hoping it didn't come to that...I just set all of my personal setting back to where they were before, but no big deal, live and learn

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS RWD NAV F55 N*1SF

Cool Re: Service AC System

All you should lose is the Windows Express, and it takes 4 minutes to reset ALL of them
    Or, Just leave it uplugged for a while, 5 or 10 minutes.Be ready with your FOB, as the
    audible alarm "may" come on, when replacing the battery cable, 'TRY' to put it on with one
    try, NOT intermittently.
    Happy Motoring

I just tried the battery lead touching thing.... Didn't work, but after reading your message, I think it got an intermittent connection while I was putting it on... I'll give it another shot.

Do you touch them really quickly? or 10 seconds?

I should be getting a better (ELM327) scanner tomorrow(?) that I can scan it with and possibly clear the code, if there is one.

The other thing I think is weird is the AC still works...as far as I can tell... because when I turn it off, my windows fog up pretty quick, then I turn it back on and all the windows defog... Maybe it's just low on R132 or whatever? If I plugged in a scanner would I be able to navigate to sensor info from the AC Compressor (I've never used one, but am happy to learn how to)

AllWheelEric is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG

Perhaps you accidentally disconnected a temp sensor or something else while getting the jump start.

I don't think the ELM327 will help. I've got one, but it only accesses standard OBDII codes. It doesn't access everything in the car's computer.

What kind of a scanner would I get for that then? Anything reasonably priced?

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    You need a tech 2 or an upper level snap on scanner.

Ah Ha! Finally had the time to get this fixed!

Since the DIC wasn't displaying the outside air temp, I was wondering if it was the temp sensor located diagonally left and down from the hood release. I managed to get my hand down there and pull it out (it is grey and has a green clip). If you try hard, you can unattach it from the clip holding it onto the frame or whatever. You can order this from eBay for about 6 bucks and it takes about ten mins to install.

DIC is not displaying Service AC System any more and it is showing outside air temp now

Ah Ha! Finally had the time to get this fixed!

Since the DIC wasn't displaying the outside air temp, I was wondering if it was the temp sensor located diagonally left and down from the hood release. I managed to get my hand down there and pull it out (it is grey and has a green clip). If you try hard, you can unattach it from the clip holding it onto the frame or whatever. You can order this from eBay for about 6 bucks and it takes about ten mins to install. The NEW ACDelco part number is 25775833, the old one that was my original part number was 503876....or something.

DIC is not displaying Service AC System any more and it is showing outside air temp now

Easy fix 177655-2.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.