Replacing the ALC (level control compressor) bushings.. anyone done it?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Replacing the ALC (level control compressor) bushings.. anyone done it? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed before but I could not find any info regarding my ...
    Dj Brady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 N* STS4

Replacing the ALC (level control compressor) bushings.. anyone done it?

I apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed before but I could not find any info regarding my car... results for days under the Esky forums....
    I've got a 2005 STS AWD with the MRC suspension and my level control pump is making awful noises when it runs. It sounds like the bushings have rotted and the pump is just rattling around like crazy on the mounting hardware.
    I've purchased new bushings but can't find any info on replacing them.. has anyone done this and/or can anyone offer advice on how to do this? I have a buddy with a lift helping me and he fears the rear end has to be dropped to get to the pump.. I haven't gotten a chance to look closely at it yet but find it hard to believe the compressor would be that buried.

Thanks for any help you can offer, guys.
    -brady

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    I will guarantee you it's not the bushings and the pump itself is failing. Remove the pump requires dropping the exhaust. It's 3 bolts that hold it in above the right side muffler.

Re: Replacing the ALC (level control compressor) bushings.. anyone done it?

Thanks for the heads up. I take it you've heard the death rattle before..
    How much of the exhaust? One canister? The axle-back? I'm sure it'll make itself readily obvious once I get under there. I just want as much info as possible.

Do you have a recommendation for a new compressor? Are the Suncore units any good? They seem to be the most economical.

Also, huge thanks for the quick reply.

I believe suncore lists them but not available. The exhaust is one piece after the cats.

Re: Replacing the ALC (level control compressor) bushings.. anyone done it?

yarg... looks like they can still be found on ebay... and, strangely enough, sears.com

Retail is like $600 I believe.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.