Head light upgrade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 1BadCadSTS
  • 1 Post By Guy.Seminerio
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Head light upgrade in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi all. I have a 05 sts v6 and love the style of this car. Although I'd like to upgrade ...
    st charles sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Head light upgrade

Hi all. I have a 05 sts v6 and love the style of this car. Although I'd like to upgrade my head lights to a new look with LEDs. One light just started collecting moisture
    So it's time todo something. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a vendor
    That has a cool LED look I can put on my baby? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Led what? Headlights? They are a gimc aftermarket and produce less light than halogens.

jockosboy17 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DHS
    Are you just looking for replacement head lamp assembly's that use leds for turn signals, parking lamps and maybe day time running lamps?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by jockosboy17
    Are you just looking for replacement head lamp assembly's that use leds for turn signals, parking lamps and maybe day time running lamps?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Park lights and turn signal are not in the headlamp.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Head light upgrade

Parking lights are in the headlamp.

st charles sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I was thinking giving her the look of the new ats with the head lights. My running lights and lower diving lives are fine the way they are. I was hoping there was an aftermarket product that will swap out the old lamps for a newer look. Any ideas out there?

----------

I'm looking to change out the head lamps to LED to update the look. I like the new ats lamps and was wondering if there was an aftermarket set like that for my sts. Thanks agian

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio
    Parking lights are in the headlamp.
    No the parking light is the amber drl bulb in the fog lap assembly. The peanut is not the parking lamp it's more of a marker bulb.
    Charles Warren likes this.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

dont get LED, get Sylvania silverstar or go full HID,
    if you decided to go with HID just make sure the HID coversion kit is rated 55w not 35w.

and for vertical the LED stripe, i'm sure you can find something on ebay or something like that, i've seen a lot of cars with them and stock assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    No the parking light is the amber drl bulb in the fog lap assembly. The peanut is not the parking lamp it's more of a marker bulb.
    Nah the amber daytime running lamp is just that.. The DRL. also serves as signal. This is why when you operate your exterior lights manually, and turn on the parking lamps, the little "peanut" lights come on, not the DRLs.

I'll meet you in the middle. I'd say that the phrases "parking lights" and "marker lights" can be used interchangeably. When you park your car at night and switch to parking lights, you're marking your location so you can be seen.

I just can't agree that the amber lights are parking or marker lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio

Nah the amber daytime running lamp is just that.. The DRL. also serves as signal. This is why when you operate your exterior lights manually, and turn on the parking lamps, the little "peanut" lights come on, not the DRLs.

I'll meet you in the middle. I'd say that the phrases "parking lights" and "marker lights" can be used interchangeably. When you park your car at night and switch to parking lights, you're marking your location so you can be seen.

I just can't agree that the amber lights are parking or marker lights.
    No argument intended. I just don't think that little peanut functions much as anything on our car lol.

Agreed. It's primary function is to frustrate the owner.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

peanut bulb is called city light. comes on with park light the amber turn/drl doesnt come on with park lamps. oh nevermind somebody said it already

----------

and if you go led make sure you do offroad led modules those are the only leds that dont cost 1000000 bucks that will light up the road but to be honest theyre too damn bright for oncoming traffic, i did led setup on my gtp since i felt peers were catching up to me on hid retro lol had to push the envelope now they wanna follow suit.

At first it seemed like he was talking about using LEDs for illumination of the road as in replacing his halogens/HIDs with LEDs. He's pretty much cleared it up though. Seems like he wants some kind of LED styling element similar to how the newer caddies have the vertical led strip. Whatever you do don't make it look like a ghetto Christmas tree like some people end up doing with that LED dot pattern crap in their headlights. Let us know how it ends up going.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.