Door locks acting funny....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Door locks acting funny.... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I noticed when I open the drivers door the car will beep A few times and keep attempting to unlock ...
    MikesCaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

Door locks acting funny....

I noticed when I open the drivers door the car will beep A few times and keep attempting to unlock the doors, it's never done this before. Also while I'm driving those red lock lights keep coming on and off every now and then. Is the car trying to tell me something?? While driving it's only the driver side lock light that will flash.....any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    I bet one of your lock switches on the door has an intermittent short. Or one of the wires is pinched.

Neutrocuted is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 N* 1SF HUD ACC F55 - 2008 CTS 3.6DI Premium

Re: Door locks acting funny....

I know this, weird things start happening electronically when you have a marginally good battery. I think it's the cars way of telling you it wants a new battery. It seems these cars only like nice, healthy batteries. I'd start there.

MikesCaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

I've owned the car for less than a year, and my guess is that the battery is original. Thanks for the advice I'll look into the battery....

----------

Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    I bet one of your lock switches on the door has an intermittent short. Or one of the wires is pinched.
    My passenger side door doesn't even open from the outside, I have to roll the window down and reach in to open it. Haven't fixed it yet because well.....I don't sit over there and the dealer wants $490 to fix it. On another note, do I have to remove the door panel to locate the lock switches ?

Neutrocuted is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 N* 1SF HUD ACC F55 - 2008 CTS 3.6DI Premium

Yes. The door panel must come off. You can pick-up a "Housing K" unit for around $75 - $80. The drivers door is 19120306, passenger door is 19120307. But first check the "How-to" I posted a couple of years ago
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/228338-drivers-door-micro-switch-replacement-how.html
    I
    t's pretty easy!
    Also check the sticky, "Problems, help and questions" for door handle problems. It could also be your antennae in the handle and not the micro switches in the housing unit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.