Transmission won't shift out of 3rd when cold???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Transmission won't shift out of 3rd when cold??? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey folks, finally cooling off down here in Texas. Had our first freeze last night in fact. Last couple weeks ...
    fly187 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

Transmission won't shift out of 3rd when cold???

Hey folks, finally cooling off down here in Texas. Had our first freeze last night in fact. Last couple weeks when temps dip below 60. I have noticed when I leave in the morning my transmission wont shift out of third for about 4-5 miles. Once the transmission starts to build heat, it shifts just fine. Have a 116k on a '06 STS v6 AWD. I did service the Transmission last spring. And has ran fine until now. I feel that I may have a bad Automatic Transmission Control Solenoid. Anyone have the diagrams on the location of these Solenoids? or any ideas on the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Transmission won't shift out of 3rd when cold???

Quote Originally Posted by fly187 View Post
    Hey folks, finally cooling off down here in Texas. Had our first freeze last night in fact. Last couple weeks when temps dip below 60. I have noticed when I leave in the morning my transmission wont shift out of third for about 4-5 miles. Once the transmission starts to build heat, it shifts just fine. Have a 116k on a '06 STS v6 AWD. I did service the Transmission last spring. And has ran fine until now. I feel that I may have a bad Automatic Transmission Control Solenoid. Anyone have the diagrams on the location of these Solenoids? or any ideas on the problem?
    Hello fly187,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your CTS’ transmission not shifting out of 3rd gear when it is cold out. Are you planning on taking your CTS into the dealership to have them look into this concern? If so, I would be more than happy to set you up an appointment and assist you in working with the dealership. Please feel free to private message me if you would like any assistance working with them.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Yeah man sorry about your cts and it's cts transmission. Do you cee what I'm caying?

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

dont you hate when people call your sts a cts. see why they kept the name and killed ours but damn it man i bought a sts

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

I actually don't mind "STS"

If they don't go with a real name for the full size s class equivalent flagship sedan, I'd love to see it named STS. LTS or whatever name they reserved rights to sounds dumb.

fly187 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

Dang it man, saw I had 4 responses and was hoping to find out some info. Then I see it started a discussion about calling a STS a cts. haha. STS sounds so much better than the cts. Plus STS looks a lot better than than cts/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.