exhaust on lh2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, exhaust on lh2 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I currently have 2 1/4 on my car. I want to go 2 1/2 my exhaust is loud now it ...
    Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

exhaust on lh2

I currently have 2 1/4 on my car. I want to go 2 1/2 my exhaust is loud now it has gutted cats x pipe no resonator with moroso spiraflo mufflers. I think 2.5 and adding 2 mufflers behind the x pipe would tam the beast but my exhaust man keeps saying I will lose low end torque and I already have enough flow but doesn't the corsa and gibson come 2.5??? And 2.5 will make it deeper while another muffler would clean up the rumble which is one of a kind most folks love the sound if not all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

james6speed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 STS 1SG ~ '13 Sonic RS Turbo ~ '87 944 Turbo

Re: exhaust on lh2

Here's a recipe right from one of our users on youtube's STS-V:

Install a resonated xpipe such as the Magnaflow #12468 Tru-X and quieter mufflers such as Magnaflow #14326 with the Magnaflow #35121 4" tips. Utilize the mandrel bent tubes available online or have a competent shop tie it all together with 2 1/2 piping.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by james6speed
    Here's a recipe right from one of our users on youtube's STS-V:

Install a resonated xpipe such as the Magnaflow #12468 Tru-X and quieter mufflers such as Magnaflow #14326 with the Magnaflow #35121 4" tips. Utilize the mandrel bent tubes available online or have a competent shop tie it all together with 2 1/2 piping.
    Yeah but that's on an LC3. FI changes the ball game. On a LH2 you have very little to gain going any bigger than stock. Corsa helps free up flow but going with a larger cat back 2.5 would be a waste of money. Cost to benefit would be extremely poor. Better off with nitrous for the money if you want some power.

I guess I misconstrued what the OP was asking. I took it as he was trying to calm down on sound, given his current setup is better suited to a '69 Super Bee. He made it sound like he was going to loose torque by going to 2 1/2"... I doubt that.

Nope your right I missed the gutted cats part. Op going bigger will only make it louder. Put a res x pipe in as suggested above and call it a day. You won't lose any power.

i have an x pipe already. i think yall missed the adding 2 more mufflers too lol. i think even going .25 bigger and adding a muffler on on each bank will make it deeper but take away the violent potent v8 rumble, its not bad just sounds like a pissed off cobra. i might even splurge and get timmy c headers just to make the exhaust note a bit more potent but still think resonators or 2 mufflers would turn the decibals down. im just go on a limb and do it lol but until then im just gonna keep scaring people at redlights lol

----------

and lc3 is quieter than lh2 same as gt grand prix vs grand prix gtp i hated my homeboys gt when he had the na 3.8 but when he swapped the engine and kept the same exhaust the car was quieter and sounded way better same as my coworkers stsv even with cats my car is louder than his and he does have exhaust i cant remember gibson or corsa i forget what youknoow has on his car

headers will make it even louder. just run straight pipes. lol

Factory + Corsa = Exotic sounding bliss.

well if i dont like it i can always cut it off and redo it. but as of now my car sounds like a pissed off cobra mixed with a srt8 but idles like a ls3 vette, but changes pitch in upper rpms. and i basically almost have straight pipes now. found out its no exhaust setup that sounds bad on these engines lol

What is your goal?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.