2005 buying advice.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2005 buying advice. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello gentleman, glad to be a member of your forum. I have an opportunity to buy an sts v8. There ...
    jlawver is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2005 buying advice.

Hello gentleman, glad to be a member of your forum.

I have an opportunity to buy an sts v8. There are two in my price range 14k is my max.

05 v8 AWD 56K MILES, grey on grey base model, $14000 as is.

Or

05 V8 RWD 86K MILES, black on tan with all the bells and whistles $12000 with the option to purchas a 48m/100,000mile powertrain warranty for 2k extra.

Advice? I just feel the AWD is plain Jane, the RWD is just amazing looking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Re: 2005 buying advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jlawver View Post
    Hello gentleman, glad to be a member of your forum.

I have an opportunity to buy an sts v8. There are two in my price range 14k is my max.

05 v8 AWD 56K MILES, grey on grey base model, $14000 as is.

Or

05 V8 RWD 86K MILES, black on tan with all the bells and whistles $12000 with the option to purchas a 48m/100,000mile powertrain warranty for 2k extra.

Advice? I just feel the AWD is plain Jane, the RWD is just amazing looking.
    I wouldn't pay over $10 K for a nine year old (2005) STS and only near $10K if it were low mileage and in immaculate condition. Just saying since you asked

I should have added a third poll option.

No, absolutely I value the input. I would think 55k miles on an 05 would be pretty freaking low miles though. Keep the suggestions coming guys!

----------

Any STS within 250 miles of my location, with less than 100,000 miles, is over 10k. (That I've found)

ddalder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Price, negotiating and everything else aside, I love the way black cars look, but I'll never own one. I just don't have every second of my spare time to keep it looking good. IMO, these are far too time intensive to keep up. Black also shows swirl marks much readily than most other colours. My feelings on upkeep are echoed by the professional detailer I use. I'm also not a big fan of tan. These issues however are really that of personal preference. My personal favourite is Crimson Tint Coat (this can also be a difficult colour, but I'd take it over black any day). I just haven't been able to get my hands on one with the options and interior I want.

I concur my mustang is black and very hard to keep clean.

I also believe one point you should seriously consider is warranty. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but unfortunately too many people here on the forum have found out how expensive these are to repair. Depending on your skill, ability and other available resources, you may be able to do some of the work yourself. My warranty was about $2500 if I recall correctly and it has already paid for itself two or three times over. If you haven't already, research the common problems with these vehicles so you know what you may be getting into.

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

You say the AWD is "plain Jane" but all of the 2005 AWD cars were equipped with the 1SG Premium Luxury Performance Package...it included every available option with the exception of the adaptive cruise control and heads up display. Many did have the ACC. It would depend on the option package on the RWD car for me to pick one.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

RWD vs AWD it depends on where you are, the AWD system is really good in the snow, but if you live in a place where it does not snow then it's a waste of money and weight,
    Also try to get the low mileage one,
    one another thing, I didnt get the extended warranty and i kinda regret that a bit, my reasons for not getting it at the time was for $3000 the car will only get covered till 73,000miles or 3 years, knowing me i'll hit that number in a year, and I thought to myself what can go wrong in a year? even if something breaks it wont cost $3000 to repair, but since i got the car i had couple "cosmetic" issues that could have been covered by the insurance total so far $800,

also almost every other car i see on the street is black on tan (including mine) so yours will be a bit different.

http://www.bobkinggm.com/VehicleDeta...Wilmington-NC/

Silver

http://www.cardirectvirginia.com/veh...-va-id-5032040

Black.

I live in nc on the beach so snow is a non issue, at this point I'm think the higher mileage with a bumper to bumper warranty is the way to go.

Well it appears that you don't really have much of a choice between the two. Although you JUST posted the links, the first one is already reported sold.

Chaz after further inspection the options on the two are almost identical, it probably just seemed very plain when I test drove it because everything is monotone on it lol.

----------

LOL, oh wow. Those basta***!

----------

When I went to copy the link it was still available, they must have just sold it this morning.

And actually, looking at the information that 'was' there, it appears to have been the 3.6L (I thought in your poll you indicated it was a V8). Although that would have been my car of choice, not with the V6 option.

Definitely a v8, I'm not interested in the six, and drove it two days ago. Crazy they sold it so quick.

Carvone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 STS 1SG & 03 ESCALADE

That '05 Black car in your second link above looks kind of beat, the carpeting, steering wheel and console lid look well worn out. That is not a highly optioned car either, doesn't even have NAV, I'd be willing to bet that is a northern car. I would walk away for that cheesy glue on wood kit on the dash that doesn't even come close to the color/grain of the original stuff. Def get a warranty if you buy that one.

Yea I'm still looking at this point.

----------

http://www.wendellautobrokers.com/31...C-STS-for-sale

There is this one, 2500$ more for the 48month/50,000 mile deluxe warranty. But the miles are high.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.