2005 buying advice. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2005 buying advice. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I would definitely get a warranty with these cars. I did with mine and it paid for itself and then ...
    malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Re: 2005 buying advice.

I would definitely get a warranty with these cars. I did with mine and it paid for itself and then some. Depending on your driving habits and unless you've test driven a v6, don't rule out a v6. Of course it's not a v8 but on the lower end, the difference isn't that much. If you test drive a v6 and are comfortable with it, you then can consider both v6 and v8's that become available.

Though understand, there are some items that were only available on the v8's, i.e., adaptive cruise control.

I test drove both v6's and v'8s and ended up getting the v6. I would have easily gotten a v8 but the right car with the right trim level at the right price became available to me. Again, drive both if you already haven't. The fuel mileage is pretty much the same on both. Just be happy with what you pull the trigger to avoid "second guessing" yourself after the deal is done. If you want nav, get one with nav.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by jlawver View Post
    Yea I'm still looking at this point.

----------

http://www.wendellautobrokers.com/31...C-STS-for-sale

There is this one, 2500$ more for the 48month/50,000 mile deluxe warranty. But the miles are high.
    It is better optioned and one model year newer. This one (as compared to the black RWD you listed) is a 1SE and has navigation/15 speaker Bose, sunroof, heated steering wheel (if it works), XM radio but still doesn't have factory HID's (which also means no headlamp washers).

----------

Actually, looking again, they both have a heated steering wheel. Missed that on the first one.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Regardless of what some members think your not going to touch a clean low mileage sts for under 10k so forget that. 12-15k will get you in a nice one. Pay to play my friend buy junk and you'll end up with junk.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Regardless of what some members think your not going to touch a clean low mileage sts for under 10k so forget that. 12-15k will get you in a nice one. Pay to play my friend buy junk and you'll end up with junk.
    This is quite true.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

STSJr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Hi, I recently purchased an 05 STS V8 4 1SG with 71k one owner for $13k. It was very well taken care of by an older gentleman. I live in an area where it does not snow so the AWD was my reservation. However, when I saw and drove this car I fell in love with it. It still has the original tires which need to be replaced. Other than that no issues. Gas mileage is not bad for a V8 with a lot of horsepower. I get 20 in the city and 24 on the freeway if I drive 70. Sometimes that's hard when the car just wants to go! Good luck and take your time looking for a car. I saw many cars that were abused. Shop wisely!

Kennyw418 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V6
    I just recently bought a 2006 STS that has every option but heads up view and adaptive cruise control. It looks almost like new 77kmi and I paid $12,500. I don't think the rear seats have ever been sat on. Good Luck

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyw418 View Post
    I just recently bought a 2006 STS that has every option but heads up view and adaptive cruise control. It looks almost like new 77kmi and I paid $12,500. I don't think the rear seats have ever been sat on. Good Luck
    congrats, post some pictures in the Show us your STS! thread

james6speed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 STS 1SG ~ '13 Sonic RS Turbo ~ '87 944 Turbo

Hi guys, first post and am looking for STS as well. My thinking is V8 under 100k mi around $10k. I am just looking for daily driver that is fun and comfortable and handles well. I have been reading on here for a while, although just joined today.

I am really interested in this car... It appears to have the 18" wheels? Can someone break down what I am looking at here in terms of packages?

http://www.gandlautomart.com/detail....PrefID=0&.aspx

This particular car does have 18" wheels. It has the 1SG package (basically the most comprehensive option package). It does have navigation, XM radio, a sun roof, heated and ventilated front seats, heated outboard rear seats, HID headlights with headlight washers, variable effort steering, heated steering wheel, automatic high beam headlamps (IntelliBeam), magnetic ride control, TPMS, extra capacity cooling system, moisture sensitive wipers (RainSense), auto dimming rear view and outside driver's mirror and air quality sensor but it does not have AWD, Head-Up Display or adaptive cruise control (DSCC - Distance Sensing Cruise Control). From an option perspective, it's a nice car for sure.

Thanks, quick question. Does the 1SG package come with LSD, or is that a separate option?

----------

Wait... I just say the "4" next to the STS and in the add it says it's an AWD, so I guess there's a reason for the 1SG then. I might go look at it.

Sorry, missed that on the build sheet. Yes, it does have AWD.

Carvone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 STS 1SG & 10 STS 1SG

It looks like a nice car and a good price too. I was going to drive to Kentucky for my caddy and ended up finding one in Gerogia, this one looks identical to the one I was going to travel for though.
    Only things I can see wrong with it (from those awesome photos) No Nav disc, no cup holder insert, not sure on floor mats, one key/fob. Those are pretty much small things though. Looks to have a nice ding in the rear bumper passenger side though.
    According to carfax it was a Michigan/Indiana car so check it the underside good for rust. http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...DC67A160173838

Thanks, I live in N. KY about an hour or so from this place. I will call to see the deal. I am really wanting the 1SG with the Brembo option. Those wheels are killer and I am sure there is a difference in the handling. I am trying to find one, but it is particularly challenging searching through all the photos on autotrader and such trying to find those magic 7-spoke wheels in the pics because the dealers are too lazy to look in the trunk and do a little work... Salesmen, I deal with them all day long LOL

Not sure too many of these dealers look into options and such before offering for sale... most are auction or trade-in's at the manufacturers' dealers. I will have to see this one though. The interior looks kind of ragged, although the pictures are really bad quality.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.