24 Month Warranty on a 6 yr Battery?????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 24 Month Warranty on a 6 yr Battery????? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Comment. My STS has been barely starting and as of late I've needed a jump to get going. I am ...
    stevenriz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 V8 1SG

24 Month Warranty on a 6 yr Battery?????

Comment. My STS has been barely starting and as of late I've needed a jump to get going. I am at the dealer now and after 37 months I'm told it cannot be replaced u dee warranty and the only prorate charge is that I'd save $15 and there is no additional warranty. So obviously I went with another 6 yr battery to get the 24 month warranty. I know I know I could go to an auto part store or Interstate Battery and maybe get a better deal. I just don't get it. Another $250 for a new battery which I am having the dealer do because I don't have much time to work on it myself.

Has anyone else gone through something similar? It's just a hassle in life an in the wallet!

----------

I'm told the warranty is 30month. My bad. But still a pretty bad policy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Re: 24 Month Warranty on a 6 yr Battery?????

You'll be lucky to get 48 months out of a Delco in the STS. My OEM lasted just about 30. I have had an Interstate in it now with a 84 month warranty for over 46 months with absolutely no problems.

stevenriz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 V8 1SG

I hear ya, I should have learned my lesson and had them just put the battery back in and go straight to A-Zone or Interstate. What about the Die Hard? Think I could return the battery now? I HATE putting money into this thing when it isn't necessary... I just changed the battery in 2010 for the first time that I know of and I've had the car for almost 5 years. I guess I assumed I just had a bad one. Anyway If I ever get another battery I will not be visiting the dealer... Saw a nice LaCrosse while at the dealer however. Might start looking...

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Our OEM Delco 101's lasted 70 months & 76 months. Daily driving is good for car batteries. I probably could have run then longer but I didn't want to carry a jump pack on vacation last year when we took my wife's car. My car started to exhibit some weird issues that seemed to be indicative of a failing battery.

----------

They were swelling when I pulled them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.