I don’t usually hang out in the STS section of this site as I am a CTS owner. I was hoping you could give me some input from an owner’s perspective. If you could make an Ultra Luxury STS what would it be like?
No performance input as there is already a V series.
From interior to exterior what types of luxury features would you like to see on the STS.
Some sort of DVD entertainment Set up.. Wood Grain Tables in the back .. I.e. Maybach Style, Sued Trim, Exterior color matching trim inside.. Standard chrome mesh grill.. E and G or V Style. Reclining back seats.. Double Sun Roofs.. Internet access Drivesoft computer working with the Navi System.... HUmm i can dream all day LOL
V12 engine, panoramic sunroof, TV-screen for the rear passengers, hood ornament and vynil top (optional), 7-speed automatic transmission, Cadillac emblems on the rear pillars, different grille variations, interior trims in different colors etc.
1) MUCH better carpet. Wool wilton, thick- dense- but not overly deep. And perhaps Connelly or Bridge of Weir leather, at least for the seats and touch-points.
2) MUCH nicer headlining, a flannel like material, even if it's synthetic.
3) A nice panel of some kind on the backs of the front seats.(Trays too as suggested above)
4) Window shades for the rear, or standard privacy glass all 'round.
5) Leather wraps for dash, and console, even the lower surfaces. But not too thick or overly grained.
6) Satellite TV, wireless network capability in the rear and storage for any electronic device you can think of. DVD player and radio-Nav-cd etc. controls. HVAC controls. Onstar controls, all for rear passangers.
7) Adjustable rear seats, cushion, headrests, as well as the back. Foot rests.
8) increased but restrained use of chrome-bead trim inside, a la STS -V.
9) Specific wheels and a full chrome strip-frame around the exterior side -windows.
10) Color-sanding and polishing of factory "Orange-peel" finish. And maybe optional, and possibly specific, body side mouldings. And of course discreet but noticeable badging.
*Lane Departure warning System
*Exclusive Platinum edition wheels in possibly a 19 inch size
*Headrest video monitors a-la Jaguar and Audi
*Wireless Internet capability via Verizon or another provider perhaps on a simple Windows CE type system
*Panorama Roof or Glass Roof
*Front seats upgraded with MASSAGE
*Heated and cooled Cupholders AND REAR seats*
*Power rear seat bench
*Heated windshield wiper blades
*Heated Window Glass
*Double Paned window glass a-la Mercedes S-Class
*Power Door closers
*Extensive and thoughtful use of White LED illumination throughout the cabin including doors and under seats
*GENEROUS DARK WOOD TREATMENT
*More leather and soft touch surfaces
*Upgraded leather seats with suede interior inserts
*Fold down tray tables behind the seats
*Cooler behind rear armrest LS430 style (THIS is a big one).
*Uber-enhanced Audio System with larger subwoofer.
white wall tires, roadster white top and .....Just kidding.
Okay, the marketing guy is coming out now>>>>>>>>>>
1) 18" Wheels like the CTS "V"
2) Unique color but not silver, maybe a new blue or burgandy
3) Rear wheel drive
4) Special privileges at the dealer such as special services or accessories
5) Dark color wood such as the new STS "V"
6) Allow consumers to buy them or place their order on the internet so GM can pre-sell the production
7) Enable consumers to track the build dates,status and delivery of their new car
8) Provide special leasing or purchase plans
9) Free maintenance
10) Set up a special event at the dealer or hotel for prospective buyers to test drive the car and talk to engineers, not car salesman that know less about the cars than consumers.
11) 25 gallon gas tank
12) Kick ass stereo other than Bose
13) Sportier seats
I second the rear leg room request. Caddy can't seem to make a decent back seat except for the Deville. I would take less trunk. I was hoping a return to RWD would help but it's pretty tight. How about a 2 door coupe STS since the back seat ain't worth sh1t anyway.
In response to the back seat legroom, the ultra lux one were talking about could have an extended wheelbase and more room. I think the standard one is fine for the class that its in, beats or meets most of the compition in that class.