STS Ultra Luxury version - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS Ultra Luxury version in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by sreno Yea, and call it a Eldorado. Let's not violate the new naming convention we'll have to ...
    malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Re: STS Ultra Luxury version

Quote Originally Posted by sreno
    Yea, and call it a Eldorado.
    Let's not violate the new naming convention we'll have to call it the ELD

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmd
    Let's not violate the new naming convention we'll have to call it the ELD
    Hi there,

why we just don`t just wait for the upcomming CADILLAC ULS, this car promised to have everything WE want.

Thanks

Harry

malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Sort of STS ish if you ask me.
    Attached Images

tdogg5184 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV

I agree with Harry, that should have all the goodies. The STS is perfect for what it is and what class it is. God i hope the ULS goes through.

krypt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here's my list:

A locking gas cap door with a button inside the car in the usual spot and on the fob.

Door handles made from metal instead of cheap plastic. I can't believe Cadillac made the STS with plastic door handles... Now it feels cheap like a lower to mid grade Lexus. (LS430 is the only one with metal door handles) Is it just me, or are the plastic door handles a first for Cadillac?

Bring back the auto-close feature of the trunk. It reduces rattles and is very classy (even if people abuse it, it's just more money in the dealer's pockets)

Replace the wood with something more exotic than eucalyptis. The Zebrano was kinda cheap looking, but I loved the stripes. Something similar, but richer.

Light shale/ecru colored leather option.

air conditioned seats for all four outboard positions (vs. just ventilated)

redesigned glovebox. (more upright like the old Seville)

2 DICS like in the CTS-V. Keep information away from the center stack. That should be reserved for stuff like audio and climate control

A suede like head liner

4 spoke steering wheel.

Something other than orange for the HVAC/Audio lighting. A green, teal, blue, white...anything. The orange isn't that bad, but I think most people would prefer something else.

Major design change (not feasible)- put the battery back in the rear seat or trunk. There are so many benefits from this. They say it's to get a better front/rear weight ratio, but come on, the battery doesn't weigh that much...

Another major change (not feasible)- stick the gas cap on the driver's side. It is a driver's car right? I don't understand why they are on the passenger side on the sigma platform.

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tdogg5184
    I agree with Harry, that should have all the goodies. The STS is perfect for what it is and what class it is. God i hope the ULS goes through.
    Hi TDOGG5184, thanks you agree with me!

The big Cadillac is on it`s way, that`s sure only if it be named ULS ??????

I hope in 2007 or 2008 we can see and maybe buy the first ones.

Thanks

Harry

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

I think if there is really a plan to possibly produce an STS Ultra, there might not be a ULS for along while...

And the STS could definitely use an Ultra Version, every manufacturer has one, and I can think of a bunch of stuff it could use to vaunt it to a higher status.

06STS V8 AWD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Reviving an old thread, but some things I'd like to see are:
    • Flip down sunglasses holder either in the sunroof control panel or sun visor(s). My Lexus had this and I miss it.
    • Plug N Play support for IPODs! Forget about the "aux jacks" in the center console, I want to be able to drop my IPOD right into a flush mount jack that provides power and FULL integration with the DVD NAV screen and audio system - both pictures and sound (and WHILE the vehicle is in motion!). A picture of the B52's displayed while one of their songs is playing isn't going to distract me and cause an accident.
    • Fog lights that actually turn on and off AUTOMATICALLY when the headlamps turn on or off. Lose that darned detent switch!
    • A split fold-down rear seat. Yes, I know the STS is a "luxury car" and we're not supposed to be "hauling things", but in the real world sometimes you actually DO need to put something big in the trunk.
    • As everybody else has already said, a DVD NAV system that works WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING! It's absurd that I'm supposed to stop in the middle of a highway with no breakdown lane JUST so that my passenger can request NAV guidance.
    • Speaking of the DVD NAV, how about a MUCH less complicated and MORE intuitive interface? A 5 year old could use the one in my Lexus. I'm a 25 year+ Senior Systems Programmer and I find the one in the STS VERY unintuitive. Even using the Owner's Guide I STILL haven't gotten a bunch of stuff to work right. On the same subject, how about a "Suspend Navigation" and "Resume Navigation" feature (that works while you are driving)? Again, the Lexus had it. I really don't need to hear Betsy NAV telling me repeatedly to "Stay on I95" every time I pass an exit, but when I get closer to my destination I may need her instructions (and I DON'T want to have to stop the car to "resume guidance"!).
    • A glove box that you could actually get a pair of gloves into! The one in the STS is big enough for a couple of pieces of paper and little else.
    • More refined controls, you can always tell a Cadillac interior when you see the plain-Jane plastic buttons (blech!).
    I've only had my STS for a couple of days now and, overall, I'm loving it - but the gripes above are definitely bugging me (biggest gripe: The same one all of you have, you can't set or change your GPS NAV while driving! That's absurd!). It's possible that some of the above have already been addressed, but so far I haven't figured them out yet.

-Mike

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Chrome plated bumpers like '96 Fleetwood Brougham, chrome accent stripes surrounding glossy burlwood trims , dash monitor and two DVD monitors for rear passengers, panaromic sunroof , rear illuminated vaniety mirrors, full internet system in the car and all the sorts of multimedia,chrome plated mirror covers, Cadillac Emblems on all head rests ,burlwood tables for rear passengers and finally :
    Lambo style vertical doors lol just kidding

06STS V8 AWD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Make sure all of that chrome is optional!!

I prefer NO chrome at all, or just a hint here and there. It was great in the 50's, but I prefer more body color presence now. LOVED it on my 1975 Eldorado convertible though.

PS: Another "wish list" item that I HOPE is already addressed and I just haven't found it yet. It concerns (surprise!!) the GPS NAV system. Only 10% of the street names are actually shown even in the closest zoom view! So I'm driving along a main street and I see that I am approaching 3 right turns. One of them is the street I want - but I have NO idea which one because the names of most streets are not displaying on my NAV. The NAV knows the name of all 3, because if I should turn onto one it correctly displays the name of the street I am on, they're just not displaying on the map where they need to be! I'm hoping this is just a configuration option and some bozo set it to only show "major street names", and that I can ultimately set it to show ALL street names like my Lexus did.

-Mike

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Of course, it's a pleasure issue
    I just love chrome stuffs especially if you have a metallic black car and when the sun hits it in .
    I dare say , your NAV system is at least enhanced some useful infos compared to '03 STS .
    Anyway ,let's enjoy our ownership

cobrakai is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by krypt
    Another major change (not feasible)- stick the gas cap on the driver's side. It is a driver's car right? I don't understand why they are on the passenger side on the sigma platform.
    I was under the impression since the platform was originally of euro descent the gas filler was on that side. I may be wrong. Does'nt help though, My first fill up was yesterday and it was an adventure to say the least.

I would upgrade the interior, I was torn between the STS and Infiniti M and the desire to buy american pushed me to the STS side. But that M interior makes the caddy look very chevy like...And yeah, the Navi sucks. But I love the car, An absolute dream to drive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.