'06 to '08 Front End Conversion. I've searched... still confused about one thing.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, '06 to '08 Front End Conversion. I've searched... still confused about one thing. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'll make this short and sweet When doing the swap, do you need to replace the metal bumper AND the ...
    tking5830 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6

'06 to '08 Front End Conversion. I've searched... still confused about one thing.

I'll make this short and sweet

When doing the swap, do you need to replace the metal bumper AND the bumper cover?

Or just the bumper cover?

Or just the metal bumper behind the bumper cover?

I have searched, and read, and read, and read some more. And can't seem to find the answer. I think it's mainly because a lot of people don't know the difference between the bumper cover and the actual bumper, causing confusing answers.

If I do all the labor myself I feel like I can do the swap for the same price as a $500 mesh grille (or very close)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

R/T kota is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 4, 67 Firebird, and a pair of SS Impalas

Re: '06 to '08 Front End Conversion. I've searched... still confused about one thing.

Sorry for the highjack but its related. Has anyone swapped the fenders too?
    I've only seen the bumper and grille swapped. The fenders look like a direct bolt on but not sure.

Re: '06 to '08 Front End Conversion. I've searched... still confused about one thing.

fenders are a direct bolt on

----------

someone has to know this answer.

Thanks. I figured they were.
    As for the OP's question I think I saw on here or another forum where all they changed was the cover. The bumper itself was the same.
    Don't quote me on that though.

I keep checking the local wreckers for one that has been hit in the back.

Someone has to have an exact answer for me.

How does nobody know this answer when its been a widely discussed topic???????

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

The front bumper impact bar is the same part number from 2005-11 (at least for the North American STS, didn't check export) so no, there is no requirement to replace this as well.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Basically, you need a new bumper cover and new upper and lower grille inserts.

Thanks guys! Why don't more people do this? It seems like it would be rather inexpensive after you sell all your old OEM parts. Almost a straight swap if you purchase the parts right.

Quote Originally Posted by tking5830 View Post
    Thanks guys! Why don't more people do this? It seems like it would be rather inexpensive after you sell all your old OEM parts. Almost a straight swap if you purchase the parts right.
    As I posted, I'm checking the wrecker now and then for a front clip. Even then it would have to come off a grey one and be reasonably priced for me to consider it. If I have to lay any paint on it, I'm going to do the whole car and I'm not really looking to make my daily driver into another project.
    As far as selling the oem part, if everyone was swapping the front clip, there would be little demand for the 05-07 parts. Wont get much for them.

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

I personally like 05 07 front but 08 2011 rear and d3 fenders. I like 08 rear with rear fog lights aka gulf spec

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I'd like to locate a 2005-2007 ACC-style grille at a reasonable price. Stained or painted would be OK because that's my plan for it. I just want to keep the original one because mods generally reduce resale value.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.