Cadillac Owners Forum banner

'06 to '08 Front End Conversion. I've searched... still confused about one thing.

8K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
I'll make this short and sweet

When doing the swap, do you need to replace the metal bumper AND the bumper cover?

Or just the bumper cover?

Or just the metal bumper behind the bumper cover?

I have searched, and read, and read, and read some more. And can't seem to find the answer. I think it's mainly because a lot of people don't know the difference between the bumper cover and the actual bumper, causing confusing answers.

If I do all the labor myself I feel like I can do the swap for the same price as a $500 mesh grille (or very close)

#4 ·
Thanks. I figured they were.
As for the OP's question I think I saw on here or another forum where all they changed was the cover. The bumper itself was the same.
Don't quote me on that though.

I keep checking the local wreckers for one that has been hit in the back.

#10 ·
As I posted, I'm checking the wrecker now and then for a front clip. Even then it would have to come off a grey one and be reasonably priced for me to consider it. If I have to lay any paint on it, I'm going to do the whole car and I'm not really looking to make my daily driver into another project.
As far as selling the oem part, if everyone was swapping the front clip, there would be little demand for the 05-07 parts. Wont get much for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.