Werid noises from front suspension.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1BadCadSTS
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Werid noises from front suspension. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My Cadillac STS V 6 2006 is making funny noises from the suspension rubbing squeaking could it be the struts? ...
    LazarusW is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Werid noises from front suspension.

My Cadillac STS V 6 2006 is making funny noises from the suspension rubbing squeaking could it be the struts? Could the shocks cause the same problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Lower control arm bushings. Replace the lca assembly.
    edoubble2082 likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Werid noises from front suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusW View Post
    My Cadillac STS V 6 2006 is making funny noises from the suspension rubbing squeaking could it be the struts? Could the shocks cause the same problem?
    Hello LazarusW,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these sounds in your STS. I understand that you are reaching out to the community for any advice regarding this. If you were thinking about taking your vehicle to the dealership to have them look into this concern, I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up the appointment or working with them. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss this concern. You can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com if you cannot private message me. Thank you very much for your time and please keep us updated in regards to this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

edoubble2082 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts4 v8 has every option available

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Lower control arm bushings. Replace the lca assembly.
    . I think I'm having the same problem and am ordering parts I should just order lower controll arm bushing anything else ?what's ica assembly ?thanks for your time my sts sounds like an old buggy hoping this takes care of it

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Quote Originally Posted by edoubble2082 View Post
    I think I'm having the same problem and am ordering parts; should I just order lower control arm bushing anything else? what's lca assembly? thanks for your time, my sts sounds like an old buggy hoping this takes care of it
    The bushing is not a separately available part IIRC for reasons that escape me right now.
    Which is why 1BadCadSTS said to replace the lca (Lower Control Arm) assembly.

edoubble2082 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts4 v8 has every option available

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    The bushing is not a separately available part IIRC for reasons that escape me right now.
    Which is why 1BadCadSTS said to replace the lca (Lower Control Arm) assembly.
    thanks for clarifying should of know no cheap fix

fly187 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

Must replace lower control arms! Easy to do if you have proper tools, and it MUST have a ALIGNMENT after completion. Camber/Caster adjustment is made thru the lower control arm

trailbrake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS Northstar

What's the going rate for the LCA? I got a local mechanic to quote the total job and for that kind of $ I'll get dirty and bust some knuckles. But I have to ask a couple of questions. First of all, is there not an aftermarket bushing option? And secondly, what's the downside of not fixing and waiting a while? Is there a risk of catastrophic failure at some point down the road? Will not fixing right away cause other components to fail in the future?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.