Moisture in 2007 STS-V headlight - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Moisture in 2007 STS-V headlight in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Search mjcaddy's posts. He posted a few vids, but in short, you'll want to remove two pop-pins on each side ...
    eatyoursandwich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N*

Re: Moisture in 2007 STS-V headlight

Search mjcaddy's posts. He posted a few vids, but in short, you'll want to remove two pop-pins on each side that fasten the fenderwells to the fender. Just enough to pull back the fenderwell, you don't need to completely remove them.

Once the fenderwells are pulled back, you will see two bolts that hold the bumper onto the fender. Remove the two bolts from each site (8mm IIRC - you will need a deep socket for 1 of them). Pop the pins off the top of the bumper (above the grill) and slowly drop the bumper.

Obviously you want to have a could pieces of cardboard or something soft to put the bumper on so it won't scratch. Unplug the headlight and foglight harnesses and you're done.

It helps to remove the front wheels too, but I have a lift and air tools so my 30 min estimate might take a little longer with jackstands and a lug wrench.

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS RWD NAV F55 N*1SF

When I had the doors off, Instead on relying on the gasket material to seal.
    because, after I replaced it once, it still leaked, I have an 06, and it is a rubber
    gasket, I used Permatex NON HARDENING on both sides of the gasket,
    TO BE SURE, I also had two small holes I drilled on the bottom of each
    light, Let them dry completely in the sun, and then sealed the holes with glue.
    No problem since, Yeaaaaaaaaa.
    Happy Motoring.

kquadra90 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 3.6L V6
    L shaped headlight vent for the Passenger(Right) side headlight located at the bottom left of the assemble in the picture

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Attached Images
    atlrus likes this.

hisbosschick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 cadillac dts and 2007 cadillac stsv

thanks guys for the info but we are gonna try to have the body shop get the moisture out when they fix the bumper.....my boyfriend hit a raccoon this am and it messed up the passenger side bumper and the metal mesh grill pretty bad so we have to take it to get it fixed so we r going to see if they can get the moisture out of the headlight when they are fixing it. we r hoping it is not going to cost a lot to have it fixed.... does anyone know about how much it might possibly cost to have it fixed?

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS RWD NAV F55 N*1SF

Do you have Collision coverage on your insurance?
    Deductible ?
    Happy Motoring.

kquadra90 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 3.6L V6
    If the bumber needs to be replaced then your pockets gonna get lighter, hope you have many pockets, lol. But you gonna save many getting the moisture out of your headlights because anyways the bumper have to be removed to remove the headlight assembly.

hisbosschick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 cadillac dts and 2007 cadillac stsv

yeah we definitely have comp and collision on it. yeah it will probably cost us an arm and a leg to get the bumper fixed but we figured since they are gonna have the bumper off we might as well ask them to fix the headlight problem. if it is not one thing its another I told him it is now time to park it for a while he tries not to drive it that much because of putting a lot of miles on it but he has been having to drive it because our other caddy was down for a lil and now this happened we cant catch a break......

james6speed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 STS 1SG ~ '13 Sonic RS Turbo ~ '87 944 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by kquadra90 View Post
    L shaped headlight vent for the Passenger(Right) side headlight located at the bottom left of the assemble in the picture

Okay so this L shaped rubber piece can get plugged and cause condensation in the light, is that correct? Also, you have to remove the headlight housing to get to this vent is that correct?

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by james6speed

Okay so this L shaped rubber piece can get plugged and cause condensation in the light, is that correct? Also, you have to remove the headlight housing to get to this vent is that correct?
    Yes on both accounts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.