Upgrade 2008 STS NAV ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By curtc
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Upgrade 2008 STS NAV ? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi I just bought 2008 sts and was wondering how to use navigation and is the a new version ? ...
    Jim1966 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts

Upgrade 2008 STS NAV ?

Hi I just bought 2008 sts and was wondering how to use navigation and is the a new version ? Also how do I use Bluetooth with iPhone 5... Thanks Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Upgrade gps?

Let's move this from the relatively quiet Audio forum to the new model STS area - there are plenty of active owners up there.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Re: Upgrade 2008 STS NAV ?

congratulations on your STS
    for the navigation, there's a navigation manual you should have. if you dont have it then please say so people here can give you one (pm me with your email and i'll send you the pdf)
    is it the new ver.? eject the navigation disc and it should say the copyright date,
    bluetooth, go to your audio logo and configure your phone from there, it's pretty much straight forward.

MJ

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim1966 View Post
    Hi I just bought 2008 sts and was wondering how to use navigation and is the a new version ? Also how do I use Bluetooth with iPhone 5... Thanks Jim
    Hello Jim1966,

Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you as part of the Cadillac family. Congrats on your recent purchase of a 2008 STS. I see MJ was able to offer insightful information in regards to your questions. If you would like to further discuss these with us, please reach out via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com. We are here to assist with any concerns and questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks so much for the reply.. Where is the disk? I pick up today from dealer is that something I should call and have them check? Also planning on doing my own oil changes possible? Thanks I will try phone I did try in parking lot no luck.. Any other questions I should ask dealer? Good car? Thanks again for all your help

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks so much for the reply.. Where is the disk? I pick up today from dealer is that something I should call and have them check? Also planning on doing my own oil changes possible? Thanks I will try phone I did try in parking lot no luck.. Any other questions I should ask dealer? Good car? Thanks again for all your help
    Hello Jim,

You are welcome. Yes, any questions you have about the function of your vehicle, is something you should discuss with your dealer. With the vehicle physically being in front of them and you, they should be able to help with your questions. Good luck with picking up your vehicle and getting your Cadillac in your hands. Post a picture once you have it!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k

The disc for the NAV is in the top slot, if you dont have the correct disc or a disc at all the bluetooth feature will not work, neither will the voice recognition, and the NAV obviously...
    Subsailor613 likes this.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Thanks so much I found it and it's working how do you know if it's current disk? Also will all my contacts go over? They didn't .. Also any way to play my music from my phone ?

first part, no your contact wont be ported, 2nd question, if that's available then i'm not sure how to do that, but i've read that somewhere here before it's possible, not sure if that was through 3rd party part or just by bluetooth,
    also you have the audio/video input in your center console, but you cant control your phone from there.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k

The disc will have the year on it, I believe there is a 2013, for sure 2012 disc out but your NAV may require a firmware update to use it, not 100% sure as yours is newer so it might not. As far as your phone and Bluetooth all it can do is make/receive calls. Not contacts, no music, no nada, pretty basic but it actually works pretty good. There is however a pretty cheap solution to play music from any source with a 3.5mm headphone jack. Just get yourself an RCA to 3.5mm adapter cable from RadioShack and you can use the OEM AUX input in the center console. Just press the AUX hard button on the console and then the Video soft button on the screen and you'll get tunes from whatever you plug in be it a phone, tablet, iPod, etc...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    There is a 2013 disc I have it.

It's rumored to be the final update for us as the last car to use it is the 2013 Vette. Similar to how the xkr Seville Deville srx nav updates stopped with the last 09 xlr.

Thanks guys for all your help.. How do I get one? How much? Also what is the on/off switch for in the glove box? When I do get new disk I just eject old and put in new? New disk just means any road changes since last one? Thanks again drove car to work today more that I could ask for..

you can get one from : http://mapupdate.navigation.com/GM/
    It's usually $199.99 but check first if you need it, maybe you have a 2012 disk, the 2013 is speed limit update as far as i know.
    the switch in your glove box is "Valet lock switch" see page 2-23 of your owners manual : "The trunk cannot be unlocked or opened. When the valet lockout feature is on, the remote start feature and the Universal Home Remote transmitter will be disabled"
    yes when you get the new disc just eject the old one and insert the new one.

STS is a great car, enjoy it

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    I hope that's wrong. That would sure be lame since the 2013 vette owners would want updates beyond the year that their car was made.

Why not make it if people will still buy it? They won't sell as many as go out with new cars, but hopefully they have the cost of production low enough to still make some money. Especially with the bleeping huge markup.

I just hit a new flyover the other day that wasn't on my 2012 disc.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    There is a 2013 disc I have it.

It's rumored to be the final update for us as the last car to use it is the 2013 Vette. Similar to how the xkr Seville Deville srx nav updates stopped with the last 09 xlr.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

2008's already have the newer firmware, so no upgrade is needed. Apple products often work best using Apple accessories. Radio Shack or other cables may not perform as well.

For the OP, you really do need an owners manual and to read it. This is a full-featured car with lot's of technological options. We can help but you'll understand quicker and better if you read the manual and get familiar with the index.

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.