Mysteriously Appearing Dent!!! UGH! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Mysteriously Appearing Dent!!! UGH! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; you will not be happy. white diamond is hard to match and almost impossible to blend. I had a dealer ...
    divanust is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Re: Mysteriously Appearing Dent!!! UGH!

you will not be happy. white diamond is hard to match and almost impossible to blend. I had a dealer paint mine when I needed it fixed (fender damaged in the same place - known cause) and after multiple trips back I am still not happy. After the second trip they said they had someone from the paint manufacturer come in to show them how to apply it. They ended up painting almost the entire car. If I were going to do it again I would find a fender from another White Diamond that had rear end damage. If you go to LeMettrys I would like to know how they do. I have heard that Randolphs in St. Paul does a great job (never seen their work). If you try them I would like to know how well they do.

IMG001.jpg

This photo is after their second attempt.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k

WTF? I can clearly see a lighter/darker transition line about 3/4's down your door, I would be pissed! Unless that is just being created by the angle/shadows...

My old CTS definitely did NOT look like that after getting smacked by a turkey at 60MPH, it hit right at the window/roofline and creased the roof...I had to get an entire new roof put on, have pics somewhere of my temporary drop top CTS The shop that did the work, Northfield Auto Body, actually did a really good job on the tri-coat (white diamond as well), could hardly tell a difference. Mind you I had to go back a few times to reseal the rear window as it leaked and also to shampoo my headliner as they left greasy, grimy finger prints all over it...But as far as paint was concerned they did a fine job...If I give the job to LaMettry's I'll let you all know...A family friend also does auto body at a shop down in Faribault so I might be going that route for some cost savings if I don't end up claiming it, haven't decided yet
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

achavez is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 4.6ltr 1SE

After an accident/body repair experience with my old wrx I would say find the best (generally more expensive) shop. The insurance is taking care of it and it might save you time and potential headaches from having to go back multiple times. Dont skimp if the insurance is involved

divanust is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

No shadows there, that is where they "blended" it. Like I said, they ended up painting almost the entire car. I can still see the difference in shading between the panels that were painted and those that were not, and yes it was really that bad. Like I said, I would try find a White Diamond fender from an STS that was rear ended. Let us know how you turn out, post pics.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Unfortunately, that is the truth in the best paint finishes. Only real artists can repair some shades well enough that a knowing eye can't detect the repair. Have you ever seen how the factory finishes a tri-coat? Beauty!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.