Newbie! 2006 STS 3.6 in Denmark - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Newbie! 2006 STS 3.6 in Denmark in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well my horn definitely doesn't honk once, it honks twice. I'll do some more testing tomorrow. Thanks...
    No Quarter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6

Re: Newbie! 2006 STS 3.6 in Denmark

Well my horn definitely doesn't honk once, it honks twice. I'll do some more testing tomorrow. Thanks

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

A TPMS tool runs around $30. I bought one to eliminate the nonsense after rotating tires. It really does extent the life of tires quite a lot.

The 5 seconds on ACC did put it in ignition on mode, but didn't help. I can only get it to honk twice, not once as it should, and then it doesn't react to my taking out air. I've ordered a TPMS tool from US, but will take a few weeks to get here.

One success though, I changed the microswitches in the door handle as suggested, including some cursing, and that seems to have helped. Thanks

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

What language works best for the curses?

My language works fine...

rodinoma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade; 2009 XLR; 2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V

Just a question? Do you pay the 25% VAT and the 180% tax on used cars in Denmark too? I once met a guy in Monaco with a V12 Ferrari and Danish plates and asked him if he paid the tax and he said, yes unfortunately. But more impressive was a trip to Hillerod a few years ago and I saw a young guy get into a brand new Rolls Royce - now that was impressive

Unfortunately yes, customs+25% vat+180% on most of the value. My STS cost €150k when new. Outside my price range. Fortunately for me US cars in general and US sedans especially have a very limited audience here in Denmark, so values drop like a stone. I paid half what I would have to pay for a BMW with the same year/engine/equipment/new price. So in Denmark-terms I got a great deal. The rest of the world is laughing, I know.

The 180% tapers off with age, so most of my 7 cars are 30 years or older.

BTW, very few STS were sold here, 10x more CTS. But a used STS is cheaper to buy than a similar age CTS. It defies logic, but I love my STS, so I'm not complaining.

rodinoma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade; 2009 XLR; 2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V

I've bought two new cars in Denmark (an Audi 2.8 V6 wagon + VW V5) and brought them back to the UK and paid the UK VAT at the time on the new price so managed to save twice - once on t cheap cheap pre-tax price in Denmark and then by only paying the VAT on the Danish price.

So status after some weeks of ownership:

-Have not regretted, enjoy driving it every day. When I have to drive other cars, they seem plasticky and noisy. Still learning stuff, like voice commands
    -Door handle, worn rear discs, oil change fixed
    -Still need 3 volume manual
    -Still need to get tire monitors to work, have ebay'ed a tool, will be a few weeks before I get it

My backup sensor suddenly don't work at all, which cost me small scratch yesterday. Not having the Service Manual, all I've done so far is to try to chase a fuse, seems fuse/relay 19 in driver side backseat is it. It's shared with backup lights, and they work. Any obvious things to check? Bumper is a bit dirty, but that can't be it? The two yellow and one red don't light up at all.

OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V
    How many miles/km are on your car?

80k miles

BTW, I'm not sure how long the backup sensor hasn't worked. It may have been from when I changed rear discs. Or the other day after a hard stop where I got a warning that brake assist and ABS didn't work, warning disappeared after next ignition off/on. Or it may have been another point time, not sure.

OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V
    Sounds like you need to ask our expert CMNTMXR57. He is former GM tech and is pretty knowledgable about all GM stuff.

Hi again. Got my backup fixed with the help of CMNTMXR57 Turned out to be a faulty module in the trunk.

So time for the next thing that has popped up, a strange one:
    Normally the car drives perfectly, with no vibrations. But in one specfic situation it starts to jump/vibrate a little. It's when I go up a hill, I have two roads on my way to work that have the required steepness. It's not very steep so it would downshift (I think it doesn't), but it has to work a bit and I have to lean a bit more on the accelerator to keep the speed. If I let go of the accelerator or push more, it seems to fade/stop. At WOT or just spirited driving on flat road there's nothing. I guessed PCV valve acting strange at a certain vacuum, had a Jeep once that did it, but I found out there's no PCV valve on my 3.6 engine. Ideas are welcome.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.