Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Accessory Active. Car wont turn off. Please help!!

23K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 STS with keyless start. I tried turning my car off but there is a message saying accessory active and shift to park. The engine will cut off but it will not completely turn off. Please help!!

#6 ·
Hello sts303,

Welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you as part of the Cadillac family on here. I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle not completely turning off. I see other forum members have already offered advice and a possible solution for your issue. If you would like our assistance in regards to your current situation, please reach out to us via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Wife's car needed a new shifter to fix this. It was the repair that changed her extended warranty to break-even status for us. I still have 4 weeks to go on mine! I'm already ahead by over a thousand on the CPO and about even on the 2-year extension.
Hi EChas3,

Thanks for providing this information for sts303. I am sorry your wife's car experienced this issue also. I am glad you were able to locate the issue and find a repair to fix the concern. If you ever have any questions or concerns you would like our assistance with, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.