BMW Ultimate Driving Challenge
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chazglenn3
  • 1 Post By Charles Warren
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, BMW Ultimate Driving Challenge in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So, I got an invite to attend this event from my local BMW dealer. I figure why not, and signed ...
    chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Cool BMW Ultimate Driving Challenge

So, I got an invite to attend this event from my local BMW dealer. I figure why not, and signed up for the Mercedes-Benz S550 vs BMW 750iL challenge. The first time I stopped at a red light and the engine shut off I freaked out! Both cars were twin turbo V-8's and had lots of power. Of course both cars were fabulous as they should be for $100K each, but at the end of the day as I was driving home in my STS, I found myself really still enjoying it. The uber luxo cars were nice but that is just way too much money. The STS will be my car for a long time.
    Charles Warren likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Yeah, Lacs are a good value, especially used ones.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Re: BMW Ultimate Driving Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    Yeah, Lacs are a good value, especially used ones.
    not to the person that buys it new.....in terms of new car money spent vs value retention...an STS was a VERY expensive car

Warren

----------

Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3 View Post
    So, I got an invite to attend this event from my local BMW dealer. I figure why not, and signed up for the Mercedes-Benz S550 vs BMW 750iL challenge. The first time I stopped at a red light and the engine shut off I freaked out! Both cars were twin turbo V-8's and had lots of power. Of course both cars were fabulous as they should be for $100K each, but at the end of the day as I was driving home in my STS, I found myself really still enjoying it. The uber luxo cars were nice but that is just way too much money. The STS will be my car for a long time.
    I used to get invited to events like those

its a great way to see cutting and gee whiz technology

its one of the reason why anyone buys a luxury item anyway

Unfortunately based on your short drive...you probably didnt get to experience even a fraction of all of the capabilities of the cars you were driving

I think they need to extend those to a few days...:-)

Warren

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

my facebook status the other day was

as nice as your bimmer or benz is it'll never have the slogan "it rides like a Cadillac"...........

----------

and newer cadillacs hold their value nothing like the older ones.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warren View Post

as nice as your bimmer or benz is it'll never have the slogan "it rides like a Cadillac"
    I tell you what, my F55 STS rides NOTHING like any of the other Cadillac's I've owned....She's pretty damn stiff, especially in Performance Mode.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

LOL...yeah mine too, and I pretty much leave it in performance mode unless I'm on a long trip on the interstate. Both of the Uber Lux cars I drove were also pretty firm. The Benz was quiet as a tomb while the BMW had a lot of wind noise friom the moonroof...so much so I had to double check that it was closed all the way.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    I tell you what, my F55 STS rides NOTHING like any of the other Cadillac's I've owned....She's pretty damn stiff, especially in Performance Mode.
    I agree...and somewhat harsh

there in lies the difference in the german car ride...its stiff...but not harsh

fly over some RR tracks in your car at near highway speeds...or accelerate briskly onto an onramp that has bumps...and maybe even a turn in it as well

then do the same in a BMW or Benz...and you will see there is a HUGE difference in the way the cars drive vs a cadillac

Like I have said many time before

if Lexus(Toyota) could make their cars drive like that......EVERY luxury car manufacturer should be scared

Warren

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warren View Post

as nice as your bimmer or benz is it'll never have the slogan "it rides like a Cadillac"...........

----------

and newer cadillacs hold their value nothing like the older ones.

what is newer?

the newer STS's...2011.....are still holding value the same way as the older Caddy's did

ditto...with the DTS

Warren

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Sts is a 2005 car.

----------

Also, drive a v over tracks at highway speeds. ALSO, drove the previous gen 328 and its HORRIBLY rough. Jagged, rough ride. I won't doubt it's very confidence inspiring at speed but not comfortable by any means. Warren.. Admit there is some bias there. Come on now. Does your last name end in "hausen" by any chance?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.