Taking care of leather interior
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Charles Warren
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Taking care of leather interior in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi All, I am looking to bring back my leather interior to it's original brand new condition (i understand there ...
    cadillacst is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac sts

Taking care of leather interior

Hi All,

I am looking to bring back my leather interior to it's original brand new condition (i understand there will be limits to what I can do)

I would appreciate some advice from those who have done it in the past. So my I have researched and people suggest to clean, polish, condition, etc.

I was wondering what products for each step would be recommended.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Meguires has a 2 stage cleaner and conditioner which is the best I've ever seen. Once it cracks and creases though its all over. Nothing will fix that.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Taking care of leather interior

All I can say is I just started using lexol products after seeing people's reviews on it all over this site and I love it. Brings out the smell of the leather and moisturizes and protects it without leaving a glossy shine. After all, the car shouldn't have come from the factory with shiny leather. It should have a more natural matte look to it.

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

guy on the forums gave us a trick it was dove bar of soap soaked in water for 48 hours and brown bottle of pledge after you use the soap to clean. ill find it and post link
    cadillacst likes this.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Don't bother with conditioner. The leather is coated, and conditioner can't penetrate into it. It will do nothing but provide a shine for a few days.

mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 130K mi.

Lexol leather cleaner then Leather Honey.

In fact, when it cools off a bit, I need to do both of our cars, again. I try to do it every six months, but it winds up being annual, 'cause it's not easy.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Definitely condition the leather. I understand there is a lot of leather out there heavily coated in stuff that makes it feel plasticky, but it should help with cracking. Also the seats on the v and platinum are more exposed and porous leather. Also, the leather dash and door panels (platinum and v) will become permanently damaged if you don't moisturize it.

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

Leatherique rejuvenating oil and prestine clean are the only way to go. Smells great, just like a leather shop, and you can really tell that the leather is clean and supple. No greasy residue. It's expensive (about $70 for the 16 oz. kit), but it's the only product I'll use in my V.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...r-care-how-to/

STSJr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillacst
    Hi All,

I am looking to bring back my leather interior to it's original brand new condition (i understand there will be limits to what I can do)

I would appreciate some advice from those who have done it in the past. So my I have researched and people suggest to clean, polish, condition, etc.

I was wondering what products for each step would be recommended.

Thanks
    Hi,
    I just bought Meguiar's leather conditioner. I used it the other day and left the car in the garage. I noticed a new, soft and luxurious feeling! It was definitely worth it!

05 STS V8 4

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

JJJake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V8

I haven't used this on the car's seats yet but I've also had a great experience w/ Meguiars. I used it on an old motorcycle seat that had been neglected for thirty years.
    Before
    seat.JPG
    After
    seat after2.JPG

edoubble2082 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts4 v8 has every option available

Ardex leather perfect and liquid leather are great products stay away from to much cleaning products GM leather will bleed after to much cleaning been detailing cars for 10+ years and would never let meguiars product s touch my Sts IMO

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by edoubble2082
    Ardex leather perfect and liquid leather are great products stay away from to much cleaning products GM leather will bleed after to much cleaning been detailing cars for 10+ years and would never let meguiars product s touch my Sts IMO
    Agree to disagree. I only use meguiars and I've had nothing but stellar results.

06WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailtime View Post
    Leatherique rejuvenating oil and prestine clean are the only way to go. Smells great, just like a leather shop, and you can really tell that the leather is clean and supple. No greasy residue. It's expensive (about $70 for the 16 oz. kit), but it's the only product I'll use in my V.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...r-care-how-to/
    This guy clearly knows what he is talking about, if you used the search function you would have noticed that I started a thread almost identical to this thread last year.

A few members recommended Leatherique, I ordered the 16oz kit and could not have been happier with the final results. I highly recommend this product to any member on these boards and will continue to use this on my STS and future vehicles.

I actually just completed the Leatherique treatment this past weekend and was once again completely satisfied. Take my word and try this product before wasting your time and money with more primitive products mentioned like meguires etc...these products simply pale in comparison.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

^^ those are quite the before/after photos.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.