Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: STS V8 1SE after 2 weeks and 640 miles

malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Talking STS V8 1SE after 2 weeks and 640 miles

I am wondering about other's driving experience. This is probably the best Cadillac I have owned since my 89 Eldo. I am curious about what other owners have experienced. Some how I assumed that regular unleaded was ok since my 02 Seville used it and was surprised to find out this one likes Premium. I am on my second tank of regular but will change at next fillup. Will performance and mileage improve? I have noticed around town, the slightest incline causes a pretty agressive downshift, very sporty but makes leisurely cruising almost impossible. The downshift usually happens at about 25MPH 1100RPM and suddenly I'm at about 2000RPM and on a long slow hill it becomes a little jerky as it shifts up and down. I am not complaining just wondering is this what is expected. It's been so long since I have owned a performance car I might have lost touch with what that driving experience is. So far no problems and loving the car. While I'm at it, any opinions on washing and waxing? I put on a coat of a high tech polymer over the weekend, didn't see much of a difference in shine. What are you all using?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: STS V8 1SE after 2 weeks and 640 miles

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmd
    I am wondering about other's driving experience. This is probably the best Cadillac I have owned since my 89 Eldo. I am curious about what other owners have experienced. Some how I assumed that regular unleaded was ok since my 02 Seville used it and was surprised to find out this one likes Premium. I am on my second tank of regular but will change at next fillup. Will performance and mileage improve? I have noticed around town, the slightest incline causes a pretty agressive downshift, very sporty but makes leisurely cruising almost impossible. The downshift usually happens at about 25MPH 1100RPM and suddenly I'm at about 2000RPM and on a long slow hill it becomes a little jerky as it shifts up and down. I am not complaining just wondering is this what is expected. It's been so long since I have owned a performance car I might have lost touch with what that driving experience is. So far no problems and loving the car. While I'm at it, any opinions on washing and waxing? I put on a coat of a high tech polymer over the weekend, didn't see much of a difference in shine. What are you all using?
    Congratulations on your new STS. The shifting is controlled via a CPU and is designed to adjust according to your driving conditions. You may be "babying" the car a bit because it is so new. and that may be causing a bit of an aggressive downsift. Make sure you are driving normally, I think you will find the shifts will become velvet smooth.

As for your finish, get some Mequaires Tech Wax. That will really give you a nice glossy shine...

zaino bros make the worlds best polishes...get Z2 or Z5 for our STS's

don_mccarter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

I have only used premium gasoline in my V8 1SE STS. I have 2500
    miles of around town driving, still waiting for the first road trip, and
    I am averaging 17.1 MPG.
    I our area premium is 20 cents extra, so I only spend a couple of bucks
    a week more for it
    In the three months that I have had the car I have only noticed
    it shifting twice. It is a very smooth driving automobile.
    My Acura driving son drove my STS and said that there are not
    enough o's in smooooth to describe it, grin.