STS V8 1SE after 2 weeks and 640 miles
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS V8 1SE after 2 weeks and 640 miles in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am wondering about other's driving experience. This is probably the best Cadillac I have owned since my 89 Eldo. ...
    malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Talking STS V8 1SE after 2 weeks and 640 miles

I am wondering about other's driving experience. This is probably the best Cadillac I have owned since my 89 Eldo. I am curious about what other owners have experienced. Some how I assumed that regular unleaded was ok since my 02 Seville used it and was surprised to find out this one likes Premium. I am on my second tank of regular but will change at next fillup. Will performance and mileage improve? I have noticed around town, the slightest incline causes a pretty agressive downshift, very sporty but makes leisurely cruising almost impossible. The downshift usually happens at about 25MPH 1100RPM and suddenly I'm at about 2000RPM and on a long slow hill it becomes a little jerky as it shifts up and down. I am not complaining just wondering is this what is expected. It's been so long since I have owned a performance car I might have lost touch with what that driving experience is. So far no problems and loving the car. While I'm at it, any opinions on washing and waxing? I put on a coat of a high tech polymer over the weekend, didn't see much of a difference in shine. What are you all using?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: STS V8 1SE after 2 weeks and 640 miles

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmd
    I am wondering about other's driving experience. This is probably the best Cadillac I have owned since my 89 Eldo. I am curious about what other owners have experienced. Some how I assumed that regular unleaded was ok since my 02 Seville used it and was surprised to find out this one likes Premium. I am on my second tank of regular but will change at next fillup. Will performance and mileage improve? I have noticed around town, the slightest incline causes a pretty agressive downshift, very sporty but makes leisurely cruising almost impossible. The downshift usually happens at about 25MPH 1100RPM and suddenly I'm at about 2000RPM and on a long slow hill it becomes a little jerky as it shifts up and down. I am not complaining just wondering is this what is expected. It's been so long since I have owned a performance car I might have lost touch with what that driving experience is. So far no problems and loving the car. While I'm at it, any opinions on washing and waxing? I put on a coat of a high tech polymer over the weekend, didn't see much of a difference in shine. What are you all using?
    Congratulations on your new STS. The shifting is controlled via a CPU and is designed to adjust according to your driving conditions. You may be "babying" the car a bit because it is so new. and that may be causing a bit of an aggressive downsift. Make sure you are driving normally, I think you will find the shifts will become velvet smooth.

As for your finish, get some Mequaires Tech Wax. That will really give you a nice glossy shine...

stonem is offline Cadillac Owners Member

zaino bros make the worlds best polishes...get Z2 or Z5 for our STS's

don_mccarter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

I have only used premium gasoline in my V8 1SE STS. I have 2500
    miles of around town driving, still waiting for the first road trip, and
    I am averaging 17.1 MPG.
    I our area premium is 20 cents extra, so I only spend a couple of bucks
    a week more for it
    In the three months that I have had the car I have only noticed
    it shifting twice. It is a very smooth driving automobile.
    My Acura driving son drove my STS and said that there are not
    enough o's in smooooth to describe it, grin.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.