Help needed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Help needed in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone experienced the fob battery lasting 30days only. Or the fob sending a false message that the battery is ...
    Cadillac2011sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Help needed

Has anyone experienced the fob battery lasting 30days only. Or the fob sending a false message that the battery is low? What did you do to fix the problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: Help needed

I haven't replaced mine at all (not original owner though). If you have a 2011 model like your username would suggest I'd see if maybe factory warranty would replace the FOB as defective?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac2011sts View Post
    Has anyone experienced the fob battery lasting 30days only. Or the fob sending a false message that the battery is low? What did you do to fix the problem.
    Hello Cadillac2011sts,

I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your key fob on your STS. Is this something that you have brought up to a dealership? If you would like me to contact a dealership on your behalf regarding this issue, please feel free to private message me. You can also contact us at socialmedia@gm.com if you are not able to private message us because you are so new to the forum. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I wonder if there was a run of defective/marginal fobs. My old-style fob batteries last for years. I picked up a new-style fob from Tomm a while back and recently it has been going through a battery every few months. Is ther one with an issue a new-style fob, too?

I've begun parking my car farther away from my desk at work (in case this battery drain is related to proximity). I work for a small company and it is possible for me to park right outside my window.

I've also disassembled the fob and cleaned/adjusted all the contact points. I've also switched from less expensive (Ray-O-Vac) to the best batteries available - Energizer. Duracell are almost as good but research and comparisions of all available companies own CR2032 datasheets prove there is none better than Energizer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.