Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Sneak Peek of the Cosmetic Surgery

16K views 102 replies 17 participants last post by  ITSQUIK 
#1 ·
So, my baby has been in the shop for close to a month. I wasn't gonna post anything about the mods till it was all done but I figured everybody would get a kick out of seeing her under the knife or welder & grinder in this case. So I'll post progress to this thread as it happens.

----------

The 1/4 panels are being flared 1.5 inches on each side to accommodate the 22x13's with 315/25/22 P-Zeros

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

See less See more
#59 ·
1BadCadSTS said:
No halos?!

Not liking the hood sorry. Does it even open fully without contacting the windshield?
Halo's are for BMW's IMO, LOL.....
Surprisingly, The hood actually does open all the way. I'm still not sure about it either. From some angles, I love it, others---Eh! The car should be all back together by Saturday. Once I can move the car out in the open & I can really see it from all angles & I'm not right on top of it I'll decide. The popular consensus at the body shop is everybody who sees it, loves it.

#66 ·
Thanks Guy

The hood was made my MPD Inc and is fiberglass on top of the OEM structure, it's a copy of the 2002 Camaro SS hood (it even uses the same hood grille and is as functional as a ram air hood can be on a sideways motor).

The calipers are a dual piston setup (from a 2002 Camaro Z28 supposedly could have used corvette C5 brakes too but couldn't find a donor as cheap as these were -free- as I was owed a favor from a guy at the salvage yard) to replace the stock single piston setup. Just had to re-tap the Camaro caliper bracket to 14mm from 12mm bolts and it bolted right up and was a decent improvement.

I sprayed them with high temp paint after cleaning them up then mounted them. Caliper color choice really depends on the color of your car. I think yours is black if memory serves correctly. I did an obvious black and red theme on my car, so red fits mine. Whichever color you choose make sure to pick one that you can continue to accent it elsewhere if desired. I think the yellow brembos look really good on a black car.

The headlights I did a custom retrofit of HID projectors into the stock reflectors. I've done this to the 02 Deville DTS that I had and my girl's 03 Jetta.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#70 ·
Wow interesting stuff on that Monte Carlo.

High temp paint.. Where can I get it and how long can I expect it to stay on there before I have to reapply? Does it have a shine to it like the paint on the car?

My car is indeed black. I'd say yellow calipers are nice with black rims. I'd like to go red but nowadays kias have red calipers from the factory if you order them. Although they're not nearly as big as mine. That's why I was thinking blue.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1602027-yellow-calipers-2.html

Scroll to near the bottom of the page.

Now I have to find a way to keep the v logo on there. Stencil?

Also, I've discovered that the dealer did a shoddy job of spraying my rims before selling the car to me because there is overspray on the calipers. It partially covers the v logo. Gotta figure that one out too.

#72 ·
Don't know if this was asked yet but are you planning on cutting out the center of the rear bumper for the V-coupe exhaust to fit into? Personally I think it looks silly hanging down like that...

#80 ·
Almost done, picking her up tomorrow!! Sorry these pics suck, I just couldn't get a good angle where it was parked. The hood Definately looks aggressive but I do like it with the overall look of the car. I will take some really good pics from all angles this week after I clean her, she's FILTHY!!!! Lol

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

#82 ·
1BadCadSTS said:
You body color the headlamp bezels? Like the two tone but still not sold on the hood maybe if it Ved out or was a little wide id be more a fan...
Yup, light housings are color matched & I'm still not completely sold either. Once I have her back for a couple weeks I'll see how I feel about it. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.