Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Sneak Peek of the Cosmetic Surgery

16K views 102 replies 17 participants last post by  ITSQUIK 
#1 ·
So, my baby has been in the shop for close to a month. I wasn't gonna post anything about the mods till it was all done but I figured everybody would get a kick out of seeing her under the knife or welder & grinder in this case. So I'll post progress to this thread as it happens.

----------

The 1/4 panels are being flared 1.5 inches on each side to accommodate the 22x13's with 315/25/22 P-Zeros

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

See less See more
#3 ·
Ludacrisvp said:
Nice to see some real custom work going on.

Wide body STS.
How is the bumper going to work with the flare?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It lines right up bud!!! No issues at all. I'll try to post a coue pics tomorrow night. My buddy was working in the bumper tonight. Completely smoothed of all seams & old exhaust cutouts filled since I have the V Coupe center exhaust on her.

#15 ·
Ludacrisvp said:
I wonder if it would have been easier / cheaper to get the 08+ rear bumper cover that is different from the 05-07 model than to do all the work to the one you already had.
I didn't want those inserts with the reflectors. I want it to be completely smooth.

----------

Charles Warren said:
315 gonna be wide enough? Nice work my sts has been in the paintshop since last month too. Just going with a different pearl.
I can actually go 325 if I want. I'll see how it works. Lol

#24 ·
06 STS Rob said:
At least you know you most likely have THE most modified STS out there man! Looking forward to seeing what more you come up with...
I hope so, but I'm trying to make the mods as subtle as possible, after all it is still a Cadillac. There are a ton of them but they don't smack you in the face. Lol, after its painted it all should really flow well. I guess we will see. I'll keep the in-progress pics coming. Thanks for checking it out.

#28 ·
All sanded & ready for paint. The new hood isnt on the car yet, I'll have pics of it over the weekend. But everything else is in the paint process!!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

----------

Black Diamond Center & the original Dark Tarnished Silver layed down!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.