Sneak Peek of the Cosmetic Surgery - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Sneak Peek of the Cosmetic Surgery in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hood is underway!!!! I don't know if I'm gonna like it yet so I have another stock hood on standby. ...
    ITSQUIK is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS
    Hood is underway!!!! I don't know if I'm gonna like it yet so I have another stock hood on standby. It looks pretty mean just sitting there but Im gonna wait & see how it looks after its all trimmed down & molded in.

Kind Opinions will be welcomed!!

And a couple more overall pics outside on level ground. So far I'm Very Happy!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Re: Sneak Peek of the Cosmetic Surgery

First of all this is all really impressive stuff. Can't wait to see the end result.

That being said, I think the stock hood would compliment the clean look I think you should be going for. Not so sure that hood does you any favors. That's just me though.

----------

I don't even think the v hood either.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio
    First of all this is all really impressive stuff. Can't wait to see the end result.

That being said, I think the stock hood would compliment the clean look I think you should be going for. Not so sure that hood does you any favors. That's just me though.

----------

I don't even think the v hood either.
    Lol, I'm not so sure either, I'll have this hood & the stock one ready to go just in case it looks too aggressive.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I think both have appeal. Cowl induction is a nice idea, worth considering even if someone prefers a subtle look. Too many people forget how air bunches up right there at the base of the windshield and these cars are easily capable of speeds where managing aero can add power and reduce drag.

PzNuts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

I really like everything you've done to your car so far....except the hood. Coming from previous muscle cars, I have a hard time enjoying the cowl hood on a sedan. Everything else has such clean lines it would be a shame to break it up on the hood. Only my opinion.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

I think the hood really depends on how flush / sunken it ends up being in the hood.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

hood looks far too aggressive for the subtle look i think your going for IMHO

Kind of expected to see the side repeater blinker lamp removed for a more clean look from the fenders.

Do you use XM or Onstar?
    If not I'd remove the antenna and fix the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS
    I'm hoping once its trimmed & molded in, it won't look so crazy. If so, stock hood it will be. Lol

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    Kind of expected to see the side repeater blinker lamp removed for a more clean look from the fenders.

Do you use XM or Onstar?
    If not I'd remove the antenna and fix the hole.
    I like the side blinkers for the added visibility. People in South Florida aren't the best drivers. Lol, the antenna will be gone as of Monday. My body guy forgot I told him to shave it. I have an iPad as my source unit for audio & No Onstar, so the antenna has to go!! Lol

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Not sure what's subtle about 2" flares, 12" wide wheels, and duel 4" tips shooting out the center of the bumbper.....

Hood could go either way imo, once you have it smooth and blended, it may give her the look your going for. The V hood has much more flowing lines though, you may want to reconsider something similar. Over all with that wicked stance and wide a**, I think the raised hood will compliment the look.

Oh, and you better be able to back that look up with some POWER! time for a LC3 swap!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 06 STS Rob

Not sure what's subtle about 2" flares, 12" wide wheels, and duel 4" tips shooting out the center of the bumbper.....

Hood could go either way imo, once you have it smooth and blended, it may give her the look your going for. The V hood has much more flowing lines though, you may want to reconsider something similar. Over all with that wicked stance and wide a**, I think the raised hood will compliment the look.

Oh, and you better be able to back that look up with some POWER! time for a LC3 swap!! LOL
    Finally, someone wondering about the power!!!! Lol, it's only the 3.6. Now......Wait for it.....Im in the process of building the new 3.6 with Twin Turbo setup. I wanna keep the power plant somewhat original as to not get too crazy with the wiring & electronics.

3.6?!?!?! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL,

Well the boys at Cadillac have sqeezed over 400 ponies out of the new v-sport...not to confused with the V-Series, twin spooled V6. Not sure anyone has been sucessful with your set up though...YET! You may be the one to pave the way right.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 STS Rob
    3.6?!?!?! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL,

Well the boys at Cadillac have sqeezed over 400 ponies out of the new v-sport...not to confused with the V-Series, twin spooled V6. Not sure anyone has been sucessful with your set up though...YET! You may be the one to pave the way right.
    Yea, I wasn't too happy about the 3.6 either. When I was buying, my loan approval was about to run out & I couldn't find a Northstar in any color combo I liked so I settled. But for what I paid it was worth it. we have been doing some serious research & we should be able to make some serious HP #'s. I'm not getting into that now, but once that build starts, rest assured I will keep everyone in the loop. One of my best buds owns South Florida Turbo. He is a Genious!!! If its possible, he can make it happen.

its even the boring 3.6L (non-DI)...

But it would be interesting to see someone actually turbo one of them, twin turbo would be icing on the cake.

Please Dyno before and after install of turbos and after tuning it.

Quote Originally Posted by ITSQUIK View Post
    Yea, I wasn't too happy about the 3.6 either. When I was buying, my loan approval was about to run out & I couldn't find a Northstar in any color combo I liked so I settled. But for what I paid it was worth it. we have been doing some serious research & we should be able to make some serious HP #'s. I'm not getting into that now, but once that build starts, rest assured I will keep everyone in the loop. One of my best buds owns South Florida Turbo. He is a Genious!!! If its possible, he can make it happen.
    I hear ya man. That's why it says I used to own an 06 V6. That's what I was able to get at the time. Once I was able to pay a few things off and get a better loan, I moved into the V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.