V-series grille
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, V-series grille in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone seen or installed the grille to make an STS look like a V-series? I like the look but ...
    malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

V-series grille

Has anyone seen or installed the grille to make an STS look like a V-series? I like the look but not sure I want to start taking my one week old STS apart to install it. I am curious if the quality is up to Cadillac standards. does it bolt up easily and fit nicely?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

robert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: V-series grille

I Had A B&g Chrome Wire Mesh Grill Installed On My Redline 05 Sts, And It Looks Great And Fits Perfectly And Is High Quality, Looks Like It Came From The Factory. Even My Wife, Who Wanted To Stay With The Grill That Came On The Car Was Against It At First Until She Saw The Wire Mesh Grill And Said It Really Looked Better Than The Factory Grill.
    The Sts-v Is A Little Faster, But Not By Much, Than The 320 Hp Northstar, So I'm Happy With My Sts.

kasel is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: V-series grille

Where did you purchase it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

E&G makes a very nice wire mesh grille. One thing to note, this grille is NOT for cars with adaptive cruise. The wire mesh will interfere with the adaptive cruise control.

A local detail shop installed the grill for me. but B & G has a web site and you can get further info and photos from their site. Hope this helps.

I feel like an idiot, I gave you the wrong name of the company that produces the STS wire mesh grill.
    Go to the web site www.E&Gclassics.com. and you will get the necessary information and photos of the chrome wire mesh grill.

kasel is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Robert, can you tell me how extensive a job it was to install???

I had my grill installed by a local detail shop and I waited while the grill was installed. It took about one and a half hours. I guess I could have installed it myself but as a rule anything I try to repair/install, I screw up. But also the detail shop sold me and installed the grill for the same price that E&G charged for the grill alone (no taxes, no freight) so I got a good deal from the detail shop.
    Good luck and I know you will be satisfied with it.

trmc47 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The E & G grill is available on ebay for $395. I just got my 1SG on Friday but have adaptive cruise control so I am waiting for E & G to bring out a grill that works with this cruise control. Ordered my STS on Nov 26 and only took delivery on March 11. Retail on the grill is $495. I don't know anything about the person selling on ebay. Maybe someone else can comment.

Tom

Grilles R Us is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just wanted to let you know we only sell E & G grilles on our site. Just click on Grilles R Us add in this forum and go to the STS site. Should have a picture and give you an idea what you would be looking at. Give us a call or email me if you have any questions. Bill

malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Is there a web site that I can view the install instructions? I would like to know what I might be getting into in changing the grille.

antddaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' STS 1SC

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmd
    Is there a web site that I can view the install instructions? I would like to know what I might be getting into in changing the grille.

I ordered the one from ebay E&G, I installed it my self. It was a little more work than i had planned but it came out nice in the end. The instructions came with the grill. You will have to reuse your factory emblem so be careful when removing it from the factory grill. You can see pictures of my work on the sts images link on this site. :coolgleam

stonem is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a black 2005 1SG and I had a body shop paint the silver grill black to match the body. It looks awesome and only cost $175

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.