Remote Turbo question - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Remote Turbo question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by dkozloski Let's see you pass smog tests with that setup. It'd take a miracle to get the ...
    1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski
    Let's see you pass smog tests with that setup. It'd take a miracle to get the CEL to go out so that everything important wouldn't be disabled.
    Keep it under 5k per year and you can do anything you want. I could dump my exhaust right off the headers. Doesn't matter.

----------

Also Timmy c has a turbo kit hand built off his v which will work on any rwd lh2 as well for sale. I'd go that route and not even consider some eBay special deal. Timmy has more knowledge of the n* than even most high end performance shops.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar
    Quote Originally Posted by R/T kota

Wont be hard to do with a tuner who knows what he is doing.

----------

If you are running twins you don't want to go too big anyway. Go too small and you might as well not do it at all. B.B. turbos have come a long way and spool time is not bad anymore. Almost non existent in some cases.
    I've had turbos and superchargers added before to over 50 cars in the past and have never had a problem passing smog . The problem I'm having is finding people who I can take my car to who know how to modify a Northstar V8 .

Quote Originally Posted by studio caddi

I've had turbos and superchargers added before to over 50 cars in the past and have never had a problem passing smog . The problem I'm having is finding people who I can take my car to who know how to modify a Northstar V8 .
    4 people come to mind when modifying a N* that's it.
    Timmy c
    Aj
    Mad tuner
    And chrfab

Other than that forget trusting anyone with a n*

studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS

4 people come to mind when modifying a N* that's it.
    Timmy c
    Aj
    Mad tuner
    And chrfab

Other than that forget trusting anyone with a n*
    Cool so Former Cadillac employes who worked for the company for 20 years know nothing and shouldn't be trusted with a Northstar . Don't ever buy another Cadillac again then since you don't trust the people who design and engineer their cars .

Hahahhahaha kiddo you better sit down and learn a thing or two.

I was the one who worked with jet chips to prototype a inline prom I've also owed 8 Cadillacs. Your new here so ill excuse your ignorance.

How shall I start correcting you.

1 you cannot tune the PCM our cars don't have one. They have an ECM and TCM but your smart you knew that right?

2 there is no hacking or tuning a Cadillac ECM through the dealer PERIOD. The cals are downloaded from GM and are not adjustable so your tech friend cannot do a thing

3 assuming your tech friend plans on using hp tuners to adjust the timing fuel/air mixtures then he would of just made a complete waste of his time. The 07+ has less knock retard than the 05-06 and ZERO YES I SAID IT ZERO hp and torque gains can be found by tuning.

But again your smart you knew all that which is why you keep making asinine treads and asking us who have been around the block for years...

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by studio caddi View Post
    Cool so Former Cadillac employes who worked for the company for 20 years know nothing and shouldn't be trusted with a Northstar . Don't ever buy another Cadillac again then since you don't trust the people who design and engineer their cars .
    Can you show us someone that worked on the northstar design team that is modifying them?

Sent from my One

Luda the kids a mook I wouldn't worry about him providing anything convincing anytime soon. He upgraded from a Honda and now got his Wheaties pissed on when he found out sticking a coffee can on the exhaust won't provide any performance gains.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Remote Turbo question

Folks, keep the thread out of the flaming gutter or it all goes to the big trash bin in the sky.

After Post #12 it went to the dogs ...........

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

There used to be a member of the GM Northstar design team that hung out on the forum. He was part of the team that set international records at Bonneville with a Northstar/Aurora in an Oldsmobile. Maybe we can coax him out of hiding to give you some REAL advice.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    As posted, given enough time and money, ANYTHING can be made to "work". Some efforts are just more practical than others ..........

Quick - name a supercharger or turbo kit for a Northstar. (and NOT a CHRfab Northstar. The engine in a stock 2008 STS 4.6.)
    Sub is correct. We do custom turbo and SC systems for most any car & light truck, but have never done a Northstar and the cost would be high for sure. PS, we have a good 2007 Northstar sitting here if anyone needs one if they try to do a turbo and blow theirs up!
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

............... and, as Baretta once said "That's the name of that tune .......... !"

When the info stops, the thread stops.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.