Looking for a catback Exhaust for 2008 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Looking for a catback Exhaust for 2008 STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am currently having a hard time finding an aftermarket exhaust for my non V 2008 STS with the 4.6 ...
    studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar

Looking for a catback Exhaust for 2008 STS

I am currently having a hard time finding an aftermarket exhaust for my non V 2008 STS with the 4.6 Northstar V8 . I am looking to improve performance and give my car a little better exhaust note . I am also considering changing the headers but can't seem to find any for my car .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Looking for a catback Exhaust for 2008 STS

You're looking for aftermarket support for a car that has almost nothing in the way of support - you're in the same boat as us FWD Northstar drivers.

For your car, a catback is done by a GOOD exhaust shop, piece by piece. It will give you some sound but no performance gains - these PCM-controlled drivetrains are hard to tune - but if you get to one of the tuners who work in CTS and CTS-V there may be a way to a find few hp here and there - just don't expect anything close to a miracle........... and butt-dyno guesses are just that: Guesses. You have before and after dyno pulls and before and after strip timeslips or you have nothing. Just because someone says "I gave you 20 hp at 5,000 rpm" means exactly nothing - test results do............ real tests, not a computer simulation.

Get down to the Engines, Northstar performance threads and find a long-time CF member, AJXTCMAN. He's a certified Cadillac Tech who does PCM work on the side. Also, Google "wester's garage canada". Read the links and look through the price list for something you may like.

Your other thread on remote turbos - Wouldn't you be better off doing the turbos, tuning and exhaust at the same time for $20,000 instead of chopping up the car piecemeal ?

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k

Or just sell the STS and spend all that ching you would spend "upgrading" it and get an STS-V...seems a lot more logical and a lot less work...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    ^ best route for the rwd crowd.

For the awd:
    Long term I hope to put a LC3 s/c on my LH2. Too many projects right now to even begin thinking of tackling that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409
    You're looking for aftermarket support for a car that has almost nothing in the way of support - you're in the same boat as us FWD Northstar drivers.

For your car, a catback is done by a GOOD exhaust shop, piece by piece. It will give you some sound but no performance gains - these PCM-controlled drivetrains are hard to tune - but if you get to one of the tuners who work in CTS and CTS-V there may be a way to a find few hp here and there - just don't expect anything close to a miracle........... and butt-dyno guesses are just that: Guesses. You have before and after dyno pulls and before and after strip timeslips or you have nothing. Just because someone says "I gave you 20 hp at 5,000 rpm" means exactly nothing - test results do............ real tests, not a computer simulation.

Get down to the Engines, Northstar performance threads and find a long-time CF member, AJXTCMAN. He's a certified Cadillac Tech who does PCM work on the side. Also, Google "wester's garage canada". Read the links and look through the price list for something you may like.

Your other thread on remote turbos - Wouldn't you be better off doing the turbos, tuning and exhaust at the same time for $20,000 instead of chopping up the car piecemeal ?
    I have a good Cadillac PCM tech who use to work for Cadillac . I am going to have all the work done at the same time to save time and money . I asked these questions cause I was just curious what others would have to say . I always get multiple opinions on mods before I begin work on any car I am going to mod .

----------

Quote Originally Posted by curtc
    Or just sell the STS and spend all that ching you would spend "upgrading" it and get an STS-V...seems a lot more logical and a lot less work...
    I don't want a STS-V I want something unique and love working with whatever I already have .

1st off unless your tech is named hp tuners you aren't getting anything done from anyone.
    2ndly the sts-v undersold the standard sts at least 10 to 1 so how you claim a plain Jane sts more unique than a V is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS
    1st off unless your tech is named hp tuners you aren't getting anything done from anyone.
    2ndly the sts-v outsold the standard sts at least 10 to 1 so how you claim a plain Jane sts more unique than a V is ludicrous.
    You are ludicrous and my STS won't be plain Jane . So you are saying an guy who worked at Cadillac for over 20 years on their Computers won't know anything !

Did you just throw a temper tantrum!?

Yes I am a moron and you're the smartest guy in the world that's why your here asking US what can and cannot be done. Instead of learning you'd rather pout and name call. You have to be a child, no doubt in my mind. Shame my make car found its way into your hands.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Everyone chill .................. Understand ?????

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.