inside door handle - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, inside door handle in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; All done, took all of 5 minutes...Ace Hardware metal repair tape to the rescue! Before After Not an exact match ...
    curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 135k

Re: inside door handle

All done, took all of 5 minutes...Ace Hardware metal repair tape to the rescue!

Before

After

Not an exact match but it's a hell of a lot better than razor sharp edges waiting to slice you every time you get out...

And to me, this method made way more sense than removing the door panel and drilling out a plastic rivet to replace the handle...No thank you!

Thanks for the idea Dk!
    dkozloski likes this.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

stevenriz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition

I may do the same if the after market warranty doesn't cover this!! Looks great!

Carvone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 STS 1SG & 10 STS 1SG

Funny this thread came back up, I just replaced the handles on both cars last week while I was off work. My wife cut her hand the other week on hers and when I was getting tires at the Cadillac dealer recently the SA saw the tape on mine and just shook his head, so I went ahead and ordered 2 from RockAuto. They were only $34 a piece and were very easy to install.

stevenriz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition

I've R&R'd door panels here and there for years and am always nervous there will be a rattle when I reinstall. Does anyone do anything special while reinstalling to eliminate that chance or road noise coming from the door panels??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.