Power steering
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By STSJr
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Power steering in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey having some issues with my 05 v8 no power steering at idle rev it up a bit to move ...
    scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

Power steering

Hey having some issues with my 05 v8 no power steering at idle rev it up a bit to move and it's back I think it needs a pump but I have to get some readings to see pressure out of the pump. I haven't been under the car to check but do they have magnasteer my 97 deville did. Anyone have this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Power steering

PS Pump issues aren't uncommon. One of the pump fittings has been called every name in the book and is still fighting. If you DIY, beware!

STSJr is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I have an STS V8 4 and the steering is a little harder at low idle but its a four wheel drive car. No noise and fluid is full. Hope I was helpful!
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

I don't notice much as the assist varies. I do try to be easy on equipment and generally begin rolling (even if slowly) prior to turning the wheel. My earliest cars did not have power steering and that teaches good driving habits, IMHO.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

If the car steers hard at an idle the PS pump is shot and will get worse. Wait until you go to turn into a parking slot and the car goes straight. You'll find out.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

The variable assist should lessen as speed increases. This isn't new technology. My '88 Impulse had it. So did my '93 Roadmaster.

scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

I put a pump on the other night after work! Everything good so far only has 200 psi at idle on the old pump I never did check the new one after tho and had one hell of a time getting fittings on the pump to take a reading but overall nice easy job

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.