Radio Volume ++++
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ddalder
  • 1 Post By EChas3
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Radio Volume ++++ in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; FYI: The radio volume and the telephone volume are NOT the same. It just happened to me, I tried to ...
  1. #1
    doowap57 Guest

    Cool Radio Volume ++++

    FYI: The radio volume and the telephone volume are NOT the same.
    It just happened to me, I tried to bluetooth/connect, on an incoming
    call, and it disconnected me. I repeated and NO connection.
    Deleted all, and re-paired, same thing, raised volume on telephone,
    and wall-a, back to normal, I use "my" name and number to "TEST"
    my system, so it goes directly to voice mail, as a test.
    Testing dialing and volume.
    Good Connections to all !

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    ddalder's Avatar
    ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,953

    Re: Radio Volume ++++

    This is quite normal. I've never been in a GM vehicle where the two were the same. Don't know about other car makers but I suspect they are no different either. There are also different volume settings for chimes and if I'm not mistaken, OnStar as well.
    doowap57 likes this.

  4. #3
    EChas3's Avatar
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cedarburg, WI
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,368

    Re: Radio Volume ++++

    I think the chimes just have two settings: Normal and Deaf.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

  5. #4
    ddalder's Avatar
    ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,953
    Yes, I think that's a pretty accurate summation.

  6. #5
    EChas3's Avatar
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cedarburg, WI
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,368

    Re: Radio Volume ++++

    IMHO. the navigation audio has only two useable settings. I usually leave it off because the HUD display is quite nice. Volume level 1 is loud enough for me in almost any situation. There are another 6 levels and it would be nice to have a few lower settings as well.

  7. #6
    curtc's Avatar
    curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 130k
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,552

    Re: Radio Volume ++++

    Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    I think the chimes just have two settings: Normal and Deaf.
    More like just fine and ridiculously loud IMO...Especially that damn blinker, turned the chimes up, turned on the blinker once...Stopped as soon as I could to turn the chimes back down..."Hello super loud blinker!"

    In GM's defense the target market for this car when it was new would've had a fair number of buyer's who were hard of hearing

    Speaking of blinkers...I love the "Hey idiot, you left your blinker on!" warning, hard to ignore that one...
    Past Cadillac's

    2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

  8. #7
    Hoosier24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    55
    Posts
    47

    Re: Radio Volume ++++

    Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    More like just fine and ridiculously loud IMO...Especially that damn blinker, turned the chimes up, turned on the blinker once...Stopped as soon as I could to turn the chimes back down..."Hello super loud blinker!"

    In GM's defense the target market for this car when it was new would've had a fair number of buyer's who were hard of hearing

    Speaking of blinkers...I love the "Hey idiot, you left your blinker on!" warning, hard to ignore that one...
    i apologize ahead of time for being a dope w/out a manual, but, how do i adjust the nav volume and how do i get it to show on the hud?

  9. #8
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,506

    Re: Radio Volume ++++

    Hello Hoosier24,

    I looked up the information in the navigation manual for you to adjust the volume for the navigation system.

    1. Hit the config button
    2. Hit the Navigation set up (it looks like a road going into the horizon)
    3. And then hit volume. You should be able to change it from off to 7.

    From what I read in the manual, the HUD just automatically displays the route guidance when you plan a route. Here is what it states:

    “When a route is planned the Head-Up Display (HUD) displays information when the vehicle is approaching a turn. This information displays when the vehicle is 0.5 mi (0.80 km) away from a turn in residential areas and 2.0 mi or 2.0 km away from a turn on freeways. After completing a turn, the HUD displays the name and distance of the next street the vehicle will be turning on for 10 seconds.”

    I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you are still not able to produce the directions in your HUD. Thank you very much for your time.

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  10. #9
    EChas3's Avatar
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cedarburg, WI
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,368

    Re: Radio Volume ++++

    Yep! If you have HUD & Nav, the HUD shows the approaching turns you need to take and a distance scale.

    If you don't have a guideance session active, you don't set any display. Just like the you need a guideance session active for the Nav to display services available at approaching exits.

    My wife thinks it's a bit silly to set a destination when we both know how to get there. Even more when I decide to go a different way! I think there's value in seeing the info in case we find ourselves thirsty (or the opposite!)

  11. #10
    Hoosier24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    55
    Posts
    47

    Re: Radio Volume ++++

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Hoosier24,

    I looked up the information in the navigation manual for you to adjust the volume for the navigation system.

    1. Hit the config button
    2. Hit the Navigation set up (it looks like a road going into the horizon)
    3. And then hit volume. You should be able to change it from off to 7.

    From what I read in the manual, the HUD just automatically displays the route guidance when you plan a route. Here is what it states:

    “When a route is planned the Head-Up Display (HUD) displays information when the vehicle is approaching a turn. This information displays when the vehicle is 0.5 mi (0.80 km) away from a turn in residential areas and 2.0 mi or 2.0 km away from a turn on freeways. After completing a turn, the HUD displays the name and distance of the next street the vehicle will be turning on for 10 seconds.”

    I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you are still not able to produce the directions in your HUD. Thank you very much for your time.

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks for the help with the nav volume, It was deafening at 6 and now its its perfect at 2.
    Still nothing on the hud when using navigation though.Its a 2009 1sg w v6. THANKS

  12. #11
    Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,858

    Re: Radio Volume ++++

    I have the same thing on my 09. Looking at an old thread it seems we need a firmware update. A few years ago someone with an 09 had the same problem and solved it with a firmware update at the dealer. I haven't gotten around to it yet. Let me know if you get to it first.

  13. #12
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,506

    Re: Radio Volume ++++

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier24 View Post
    Thanks for the help with the nav volume, It was deafening at 6 and now its its perfect at 2.
    Still nothing on the hud when using navigation though.Its a 2009 1sg w v6. THANKS
    Hello Hoosier24,

    I’m glad that I was able to assist you with the nav volume! I’m happy to hear it isn’t deafening at 6 anymore. Could you private message me your VIN so I am able to do some additional research about the navigation showing up on the hud? Thank you very much for keeping us updated!

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting