How are your STS's holding up? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, How are your STS's holding up? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yeah an the CTS v sport is rwd only. Go figure. This defeating the purpose of the V series....
    1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Yeah an the CTS v sport is rwd only. Go figure. This defeating the purpose of the V series.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: How are your STS's holding up?

Yeah that was weird to me and I have a feeling that the v sport will eventually get awd. Otherwise cadillac is leaving the midsize awd luxury sedan with the increased power (550xi xdrive whatever the hell and mb e550 4 matic) market alone. Which if you're from the northeast, you'll see is a pretty big market. I think overall the take rate for awd on these cars is about half. Read it somewhere. If you're from the south and this seems impossible to you, relax. I never saw RWD sedans (awd option not ticked) until I left ny.

----------

By the way you might change your mind about the new cts when you see it in person. I'm thinking its gonna have some beautiful proportions. Proportions that the xts can't come close to matching.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    I feel that the STS has a lower interior build quality of cadillacs of the past (comparing to 2000-2005 Deville/Seville) so this makes for some interior noise issues.
    agreed

low points..IMO..being the door panels and the glove box door

They feel like something that would be on a car that is half the sticker of the STS

The interior finishes of my 02 STS( and room) was far higher than on the 05

Warren

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    You can thank bob lutz for rushing the sts to market. Otherwise we would of had the sls style interior here in the states.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 128k
    Quote Originally Posted by turnne

agreed

low points..IMO..being the door panels and the glove box door

They feel like something that would be on a car that is half the sticker of the STS

The interior finishes of my 02 STS( and room) was far higher than on the 05

Warren
    Agreed, my 2001 STS was of much better build quality...And to the glove box...EVERYTHING ABOUT IT SUCKS! My CTS had the same stupid one...I hate it.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Yeah that was weird to me and I have a feeling that the v sport will eventually get awd. Otherwise cadillac is leaving the midsize awd luxury sedan with the increased power (550xi xdrive whatever the hell and mb e550 4 matic) market alone. Which if you're from the northeast, you'll see is a pretty big market. I think overall the take rate for awd on these cars is about half. Read it somewhere. If you're from the south and this seems impossible to you, relax. I never saw RWD sedans (awd option not ticked) until I left ny.

----------

By the way you might change your mind about the new cts when you see it in person. I'm thinking its gonna have some beautiful proportions. Proportions that the xts can't come close to matching.

you are forgetting the Lexus mid size luxury in your line up with the BMW and Benz

IMO...there is a buyer who demands a V8 in a BMW/Benz demographic....shown by example of the significant amount of V8's of both models I see driving around
    the Lexus seems to be 80-90% V6 variants...which makes me assure their demographic doesn't care as much
    The last few years of the V8 STS were scarce compared to the V6...so that makes me think the Caddy demographic didnt demand a V8 either

I highly doubt GM is going to engineer a new high performance V8 to compete in the luxury market and they know the northstar had gotten really long on tooth vs the competition

On another the germans still have higher performance 2WD( limited availability) models with twin turbo V8's for their M5 and E55( E65?) mid size performance variants

Warren

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    You can thank bob lutz for rushing the sts to market. Otherwise we would of had the sls style interior here in the states.
    Thanks Bob.... :-/

Sent from my One

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    yes...without an all new cutting edge V8 and at least a 6 speed trans that all the competition had at the time

Warren

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.