Just bought a two owner 2007 Cadillac STS with 58,000 miles.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Just bought a two owner 2007 Cadillac STS with 58,000 miles. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; This pearl white all wheel drive and navigation beauty is a dream Cadillac to own and i am looking forward ...
    viccampjr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS

Just bought a two owner 2007 Cadillac STS with 58,000 miles.

This pearl white all wheel drive and navigation beauty is a dream Cadillac to own and i am looking forward to many years ahead of driving this car, hopefully problem free. The car is in near mint condition and truly looks and drives like new.

I have owned many other cadillac's like a 1967 sedan,1969 coupe,1970 coupe,1971 coupe,1973 coupe,1974 coupe, 1976 coupe,1977 coupe,1978 coupe,1978 seville,1983 seville,1986 front wheel drive fleetwood and 1992 pearl white seville which was my last caddy and loved all of these cars.

I do have a few things i need to know about the 2007 sts.

It did come with the 2007 sts /stsv 560 page owners manual. Inside this manual on page 148 it stated that to look in the Index of the Navigation System manual for more information on the vehicle personalization. Is there a separate Navigation Manual that i am missing?

It seems like it might take a while to learn how to operate the navigation system and all of the other tons of features this newly designed 2007 sts has to offer.Is there any short cut or easier way to learn how to operate these features the car has to offer?

You may tell i might be a little out dated since the last cadillac i owned was a 1992 Seville and i got some learning to do on my 2007 STS.

Oh i just wanted to say that i just signed up on this website for the first time and can not believe how many people there are that still love the cadillac's and is growing fast too.

Thanks for any help,

Vic Camp Jr

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1crock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4

Re: Just bought a two owner 2007 Cadillac STS with 58,000 miles.

Yep, there's a separate navigation manual. I found one on ebay cheap. You might be able to download one as well if you chack around a bit.

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls

Congratulations & welcome back to Cadillac! You definitely owned some great ones & I am sure you will enjoy this one just as much. Just out of curiosity, what have you been driving since you left Cadillac & why did you come back?

Yes, there is a separate, very detailed navigation manual that comes with the vehicle. Your best bet would probably be ebay to find one. The navigation system does do a lot but once you get the basics down, it is very intuitive.

Max

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Get the NAV manual at www.helminc.com
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 130k

You've got yourself quite a car...I absolutely LOVE mine!

Which engine did you get?
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Hi Jr, Welcome!

The 'Sticky' thread at the top of the forum has link to .pdf's to all of the owners manuals & Nav/Bose 5.1 suppliments. Koz is right tho, send Helm a few bucks and get a real Nav manual.

But get the Nav firmware upgrade, too. It helps a lot with Bluetooth connectivity and enables the later Nav Disks. You'll want one of them.

These are great cars. I hope you have a V8, but if you don't, just watch your oil closely and learn the early warning signs gor the GM 3.6.

Don't hesitate to post questions. We have a few grumps but by and large it's the best bunch on the web.

viccampjr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS

My father law pass away and he just had bought a 2004 Buick Century and it had only 9000 miles on it when my mother law offered to me in 2006 at a great price.I had the 1992 Seville at the time for about 7 or 8 years and thought i would store the Seville in the driveway and drive both cars.

Well that didn't work out for me because of high insurance rates here in NJ and having my son and wife having cars to take care of. It and broke my heart to see the Seville seating dormant in the driveway not getting the use it deserved,so i ened up selling the 1992 Seville against my better judgement. I should have kept that 1992 caddy because it only had just turned 100,000 miles and looked and drove like a new car and always got people giving me the thumbs up when i drove it.

I still have the 2004 Buick and i'm in the process of listing it for sale.I just put all new tires and brakes and the car is still like new and has plenty of life left in it and drives perfect..but doesn't compare to the STS for sure.

----------

I got the 3.6 engine...

----------

I came back to a Cadillac because i missed the style,comfort,ride and luxury...and i'm so glad i did!

----------

Thanks everyone for the help with the navigation manual.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by viccampjr View Post
    This pearl white all wheel drive and navigation beauty is a dream Cadillac to own and i am looking forward to many years ahead of driving this car, hopefully problem free. The car is in near mint condition and truly looks and drives like new.

I have owned many other cadillac's like a 1967 sedan,1969 coupe,1970 coupe,1971 coupe,1973 coupe,1974 coupe, 1976 coupe,1977 coupe,1978 coupe,1978 seville,1983 seville,1986 front wheel drive fleetwood and 1992 pearl white seville which was my last caddy and loved all of these cars.

I do have a few things i need to know about the 2007 sts.

It did come with the 2007 sts /stsv 560 page owners manual. Inside this manual on page 148 it stated that to look in the Index of the Navigation System manual for more information on the vehicle personalization. Is there a separate Navigation Manual that i am missing?

It seems like it might take a while to learn how to operate the navigation system and all of the other tons of features this newly designed 2007 sts has to offer.Is there any short cut or easier way to learn how to operate these features the car has to offer?

You may tell i might be a little out dated since the last cadillac i owned was a 1992 Seville and i got some learning to do on my 2007 STS.

Oh i just wanted to say that i just signed up on this website for the first time and can not believe how many people there are that still love the cadillac's and is growing fast too.

Thanks for any help,

Vic Camp Jr
    Hello Vic Camp Jr,

I wanted to give a shout out to you and say welcome to the forum! It is a great way to interact with other Cadillac owners. I see you have owned multiple Cadillac vehicles in the past, and seeing how you are still in the Cadillac family, I would assume you enjoyed them Just like other forum members have stated, I am sure you are going to love your STS! We are here to provide our assistance, so if there are ever questions or concerns that arise, don't hesitate to contact us. We can be reached via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.